10% Rebate on AGR travel for World Mastercard cardholders (until 9/30/20)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pennyk

Amtrak Rider
Staff member
Administator
Gathering Team Member
I received an email from AGR this evening with the following limited time offer:

Exclusively for Amtrak Guest Rewards®
World Mastercard® cardholders
Penny, book reward travel to explore your favorite destinations with friends and family and get a 10% Amtrak Guest Rewards® point rebate. That's 2X your usual point rebate.​
To earn your 10% rebate, simply redeem your points by September 30, 2020. This is a special limited-time offer so act now to enjoy.

I received an email from AGR this evening with the following limited time offer:

Penny, book reward travel to explore your favorite destinations with friends and family and get a 10% Amtrak Guest Rewards® point rebate. That's 2X your usual point rebate.​
To earn your 10% rebate, simply redeem your points by September 30, 2020. This is a special limited-time offer so act now to enjoy.
I got it too Penny and I no longer have the World Card, just the Regular BOA AGR MC.

I wont be booking any Travel @ least till next year, and most people that would usually jump on this offer ( most of us) probably wont either.

Haven't received an email to that effect (For some reason I don't receive any promo emails even though that is selected in my profile).
Can't find mention on the website either. Is registration required? I've got three previously booked point redemption trips already booked within the timeline...hopefully, they will qualify. I've already received the original 5% rebate.

Haven't received an email to that effect (For some reason I don't receive any promo emails even though that is selected in my profile).
Can't find mention on the website either. Is registration required? I've got three previously booked point redemption trips already booked within the timeline...hopefully, they will qualify. I've already received the original 5% rebate.
It might be your email provider that is causing you not to get the promos. I had that issues years ago. Wasn’t getting them to my art.net account so created a yahoo.com account and that one gets them.

It might be your email provider that is causing you not to get the promos. I had that issues years ago. Wasn’t getting them to my art.net account so created a yahoo.com account and that one gets them.
I'll give that a try. I find it puzzling because I do receive my tickets, etc. via my regular email address. I also receive pending and approved points notifications from the shopping portal.
Thanks

The small print says it only applies to res made Sept 1-30, and not to res made prior. The res agent said it doesn't apply retroactively. And most point amounts are going up... so to remake that res would probably cost more points.

The small print says it only applies to res made Sept 1-30, and not to res made prior. The res agent said it doesn't apply retroactively. And most point amounts are going up... so to remake that res would probably cost more points.
Do a Test booking for your Trains and see what the Cash and Points Amounts would be if booked now.

Since Amtrak is allowing Cancellations with no penalties right now, if it would be Less Points with the 10% Rebate to rebook, that's the way to roll.

Last edited:
Do a Test booking for your Trains and see what the Cash and Points Amounts would be if booked now.

Since Amtrak is allowing Csncellations with no penalties right now, if it would be Less Points with the 10% Rebate to rebook, that's the way to roll.
Thanks Bob for your suggestion... the problem is that I got low bucket on almost everything... and when you consider a 5% advantage [5% rebate is standard with card] the updated points required would exceed that already paid in points. The res agent was very friendly and tried doing that... but with limited availability of service the demand has been high and especially with the H room... very scarce these days!

Thanks Bob for your suggestion... the problem is that I got low bucket on almost everything... and when you consider a 5% advantage [5% rebate is standard with card] the updated points required would exceed that already paid in points. The res agent was very friendly and tried doing that... but with limited availability of service the demand has been high and especially with the H room... very scarce these days!
Got it, so you already have a better deal!😉

Got it, so you already have a better deal!😉
Hoping it is a good deal... this is what I got for 85,000 points [that's-a lot-a points!]
EUG - LAX - CS H-room - one night and one day
LAX - CHI - TE H-room - 3 nights and 3 days
[Austin at 9:31am - it would be a real experience to meet you in person! Date is in Jan 12]
CHI - WAS - Cardinal Bedroom - one night and one day
WAS - BOS - Regional Business Class
BOS - CHI - Lakeshore - one day and one night
CHI - PDX - EB H-room - 3 days 2 nights
PDX - EUG - Bus

Of course if there are schedule changes etc. then who knows!

Hoping it is a good deal... this is what I got for 85,000 points [that's-a lot-a points!]
EUG - LAX - CS H-room - one night and one day
LAX - CHI - TE H-room - 3 nights and 3 days
[Austin at 9:31am - it would be a real experience to meet you in person! Date is in Jan 12]
CHI - WAS - Cardinal Bedroom - one night and one day
WAS - BOS - Regional Business Class
BOS - CHI - Lakeshore - one day and one night
CHI - PDX - EB H-room - 3 days 2 nights
PDX - EUG - Bus

Of course if there are schedule changes etc. then who knows!
That's a nice trip, I've done several like this back in "Normal" times.( and it seems like a good return on your Points with Prices what they are now!😉)

It would be great to meet you @ the Austin Station when #422 Rolls in!( IF it's running by then??)

Keep me updated, I'm envious!:cool:😷

That's a nice trip, I've done several like this back in "Normal" times.( and it seems like a good return on your Points with Prices what they are now!😉)

It would be great to meet you @ the Austin Station when #422 Rolls in!( IF it's running by then??)

Keep me updated, I'm envious!:cool:😷
Intuition tells me there will be some kind of an eventual 'celebratory rebound' of all things we know as 'normal.' In the short time I've joined the ranks of Amtrak Unlimited RR enthusiasts I've experienced one zoom meeting... but never met anyone in person... so I am looking forward to this possibility! Will keep you posted!

Back