#11 Advanced Boarding Available?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm taking the CS SEA - EMY departing 9:45am New Year's Eve. I've read the thread about the King Street Station renovations, also checked Amtrak's special news about the project. They advise early arrival to the station because of the confusion, so I'm wondering if, since SEA is the origination point, they might allow sleeping car pax to board as soon as we arrive at the station. Of course, I'm talking maybe 30 minutes early, not three hours early.

Also, is breakfast usually available after departure?

Last edited by a moderator:
You will be able to give your ticket to someone at the kiosk marked "Sleeping Car Passengers," then you'll be able to board when they make the announcement, generally 20-30 minutes before departure. When I was on it the other day, the steward came around to take lunch reservations even before we left the station, but I don't think they serve breakfast.

I remember the days when they had a continental breakfast in the PPC. I think that is a long gone memory of budget cuts.

Last time I rode it, which was October 2009, the continental breakfast was gone. Kind of think it was not brought back when they revived the PPC after having cut off the LSA and almost dropping the car entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back