12th Capitol Corridor Train Beginning in April??

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jccollins

Conductor
There has been a rumor (from a number of sources) that a 12th frequency on the Capitol Corriodr will begin service next month. Has anyone else heard/read this anywhere? <_<

jccollins said:
There has been a rumor (from a number of sources) that a 12th frequency on the Capitol Corriodr will begin service next month. Has anyone else heard/read this anywhere? <_<
jccollins,

The only reputable source is Amtrak itself. I just checked their website for the last two weekdays in April, and they do not show any more than the current 11 round trips between Sacramento and Oakland. Of course this could change between now and then, but for now one should assume that a twelfth round trip is just a rumor.

Just because something was posted on Trainorders does not necessarily make it true. I definitely don't consider Trainorders, in general, to be a reputable source, unless something is posted by about 4 certain people, two of them travel agents with direct access to Arrow. You will note in that Trainorders thread that when you asked the original poster about the schedule, he never named his source, only saying that it was not yet posted on the Amtrak sites.

With that said, I did find a note in the past hour in the March newsletter for the Rail Passenger Association of California (RailPAC, of which I am an absentee, across-the-country member) which states that it was announced at a February 19th board meeting of the Capitol Corridor Joint Powers Authority that a 12th train is expected to start in April. News like that I do believe.

P.S. Even when Amtrak itself announces a new train/service it doesn't always happen. Case in point: Las Vegas service, although I would expect the CCJPA to follow through with their intentions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back