'18 Travels through America

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's good, we like hanging around this forum.

As we live in the UK and France, Brexit will concentrate our minds for the next 12 months, but we do hope to make a shorter interesting journey in September/October this year and a longer one in the fall of 2019.

If all else fails we'll take a 'local' rail journey we have intended to take for a couple of years now, Clermont Ferrand to Beziers, the once a day direct train through the Massif Central, one of our favourite areas in France. Beziers is a very interesting city too, ancient with a lot of character.

Thanks again for the encouragement, will post again when we have probable plans.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please post your next trip report because I absolutely love reading your reports. And often times I take notes from your travels. This year as I'm working around the country I'm going to attempt to figure out the reason the Country is in a state of change be it trump, economic issues, or other motivators.

Chances are I wouldn't have known without you guys. And I find it an interesting thing to learn about. So please keep writing. That or send us all a link to the trip report somewhere else.

Yes, absolutely more trip reports, please!
default_smile.png
They are wonderful to read, and I have learned a lot!

Thank you, this is a very welcoming forum.

Seaboard, you've taken on a mighty task there, but good for you that you want to do it. I think that we just remove our own views from our questions, try to see the world through the other persons eyes even if we disagree. I'm sure you will find your own way of speaking with people, listening and hearing what the words mean is the best advice I can give.

I'd be very interested in what your conclusions are, and if your quest has changed you.

Writing a blog/travelogue only happens here, writing doesn't comes easily to me but here's the reason I've written a couple of travelogues. A few years ago before our first Amtrak trip I asked loads of questions, the response from this forum was and is amazing. No angle to the answers, just a friendly wish to help fellow train travellers, this forum has an enormous knowledge base.

We thought it was so generous that we had to give something back, so our first travelogue was born here, and only here. If I write about travels we don't have a private blog, only this forum as long as I can get away with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be sure to let you guys know what I find out. I think it will be a great quest to learn more about the country. While I know a lot about my state and Oregon. And then on Europe I really know nothing about the other states. So I'm looking forward to an eye opening experience.

Back