2 Parlour Cars Out of Service

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every trip I've been on where they've substituted for a PPC, my luck has been it's been substituted with a CCC. That is a poor substitute IMHO and I'd much rather have had an SSL.
Just out of curiousity, when they use an SSL for PPC service, does the attendant staff the upstairs drink station or does he use the downstairs?
In my One Experience where a CCC was Substituted for a PPC (I agree a SSL is Superior!) the Attendant Operated out of the Upstairs Lounge Part of the CCC and the Food was Brought in from the Diner as now often Happens on most PPC Trips! I

Haven't seen the Steam Table used the past three times I rode on the Starlight in the PPC! (So who wants to stay in their Room on this Train? ;) )

Last edited by a moderator:
Every trip I've been on where they've substituted for a PPC, my luck has been it's been substituted with a CCC. That is a poor substitute IMHO and I'd much rather have had an SSL.
Just out of curiousity, when they use an SSL for PPC service, does the attendant staff the upstairs drink station or does he use the downstairs?
It was a SSL on my one and only trip on the CS. The attendant operated upstairs. Lunch was my only meal and it was prepared at his station.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back