2 Superliner Sleepers Back in Service

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumor had it that one of the newly refurbished Superliner Sleepers 32053 left Chicago yesterday on 5. I arrived into Sac this afternoon just in time to watch 5 pull out of the depot and I did not see it. However, the differences in paint might be slight from the older ones. I will check again tomorrow just in case I got the day wrong and I'll also check 6 tomorrow as it would be the same set 5 was today.

tp49 said:
Rumor had it that one of the newly refurbished Superliner Sleepers 32053 left Chicago yesterday on 5. I arrived into Sac this afternoon just in time to watch 5 pull out of the depot and I did not see it. However, the differences in paint might be slight from the older ones. I will check again tomorrow just in case I got the day wrong and I'll also check 6 tomorrow as it would be the same set 5 was today.
If you're right, tp, that 5 left CHI "yesterday", then it wouldn't come through SAC until tomorrow!!!

Tub,

I always figured I was bad with dates...in this instance a day early, I'll be checking things out tomorrow camera in hand. :)

Doesn't this figure...according to the Amtrak site the train is running 3 hours and 53 minutes down meaning it won't get here until almost 7PM. Meaning it will be dark and I won't be there as I have to be somewhere at 6:15. Looks like I'll be getting pics of 6 tomorrow :(

Saw the 32503 in the flesh just about 10 minutes ago. Today's 6 is led by a Phase IV #4. I got some pictures of it, and the 32503. Hopefully they came out. Once again, they did a half-assed job of covering the old lettering on the car. I'll get the pics developed tomorrow and put on a photo CD to post here.

It looks very plain. I too read the post at TO and agree with much of what the person who posted the pics said. The old lettering probably two paint jobs back is visible through the new sticker. No attempt was made to remove the old word Amtrak from the lover level of the car instead it looks like they used silver spray paint to cover it.

Before peole jump on me for saying this I will say while it's good that they are putting cars back into service you would think at the very least they could make the exterior look nicer than it does insofar as removing the old lettering before placing new decals on.

tp49 said:
It looks very plain. I too read the post at TO and agree with much of what the person who posted the pics said. The old lettering probably two paint jobs back is visible through the new sticker. No attempt was made to remove the old word Amtrak from the lover level of the car instead it looks like they used silver spray paint to cover it.
Before peole jump on me for saying this I will say while it's good that they are putting cars back into service you would think at the very least they could make the exterior look nicer than it does insofar as removing the old lettering before placing new decals on.
While I agree that the outside should receive a little more care, the main focus is that these Superliners are getting back into service. Additional rolling capacity is our main concern! :)

Your right, the general traveling public probably won't even car or notice. When you look at airplanes or even buses closely, you can still see old decals that have been painted over. I'm guessing these decals are made not to come of, ever!

The Superliners Should Stay in Phase IV, as IVb, is boring, I prefer the look of them in Phase IV (Really Phase III is my favorite, but I won't elaborate), and think that if they were to get changed, the work "Amtrak" on a Phase IV Car should just become a Three Sheets Logo.

TP49, that train that you saw that had 32053 in from my perspective is pretty POS'y. You might remember from earlier posts that #4 has crapped out when hauling 98, and also when trailing on 53. Let me tell you, AT shipped #4 out to Intercity West as soon as they could.

Can anyone send me a copy of the image from trainorders.com. Because I'm not a member I cannot view the photo. Just send it to the e-mail listed below. Thanks! :D

battalion51 said:
Can anyone send me a copy of the image from trainorders.com. Because I'm not a member I cannot view the photo. Just send it to the e-mail listed below. Thanks! :D
They can't do that. The BB software does not have any way to attach a file. Unlike other BB's, ours hides your email address so spammers can't grab them off the board.

When you click the email button, you get a box much like you do when sending a PM. The BB software then sends you an email with the text that was typed, along with a note explaining how the email was sent to you. There is no attachment button and the person sending you an email will never see your email address, unless you reply to them after you receive their email. Note the example below from Steve, the blank area contained his email which I cut out.

AlanB,  Steve4031 has sent you this email from http://amtraktrains.com/forums/index.php.  

--------------------------------------------------- Please note that IBForums has no control over the contents of this message. ---------------------------------------------------  

You can also view them without an account after 11 PM Eastern and all day on Saturday and Sunday.

Amfleet,

I should have them on CD sometime Monday, put them in for developing Thursday afternoon and am out of town for the weekend :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back