2019 CA Zephyr Snow/Weather Delays

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The camera is mostly covered with ice, but I think I saw a freight engine in the lead when it pulled into Truckee a few minutes ago, headed over the Sierras.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then how did you manage to make the tweet above that show? If you managed to get one to work, you could make the other one work...

So here's how I made it post. I right clicked and pasted, and even though nothing showed on the screen, I then hit enter a few times, and it loaded. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't seen any rotary footage yet, but there's what CalTrans has been dealing with on I-80 today:

D0hoHrTUcAA5Oec.jpg

The 5(3/4) arrived late into Truckee this afternoon 3:40 minutes late.

The 6(3/6) is showing 38 minutes late eta into Truckee.

The rotary snowplow has now been over the line running between Roseville and Truckee clearing snow. Photos on trainorders dot com

The rotary snowplow has now been over the line running between Roseville and Truckee clearing snow. Photos on trainorders dot com
Are the photos from a post today, 3/8?? Can you give the sub-forum and title of the thread post??

On the Western Railroads sub forum. Search for posts by Boiling Man. He has rotary photos in serveral places, I think.

On the Western Railroads sub forum. Search for posts by Boiling Man. He has rotary photos in serveral places, I think.
Yes, Boiling Man is a great source. The latest 2019 Rotary in action photos from Boiling Man were posted on March 4th on TrainOrders.

9:30PM MT -- UPDATE: California Zephyr Train 6 which departed Emeryville (EMY) on 3/12 is still currently stopped in Denver due to high wind warnings in the area. Train will be back on the move once weather has been cleared safe to resume travel.

Still in Denver at 1:30AM MT.

The two eastbound CZ out of Denver 3/13 & 3/14 were combined and have left Omaha as one train on a detour due to flooding on the normal BNSF(Burlington) route. Originally thought it was over the UP, but just a different bridge and trip through Council Bluffs area.

Last edited:
I caught the combined trains #6 at Agency, Iowa this evening. I think #6(12) was still the first half and #6(13) still the second, but I'm not sure. The train lost about fifty minutes at Ottumwa because of a PTC problem. This left #6(12) running thirty-six hours late and #6(13) twelve hours late. Also, there was some radio chatter from the crew(s?) after the train passed.

Back