#21/#22 (3/25) In Service Disruption in ARK

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Dylan

50+ Year Amtrak Rider
AU Supporting Member
Any one have info as to why yesterday's Eagles are in Service Disruptions in Arkansas and now Showing 8+ Hours LATE on Amtrak Status Maps???

Update: #21 (3/25) now 12 Hours Late into Moneola , and #22 ( 3/25) has Vanished off the Map???????

Pretty sure #21 will be turned in Ft. Worth ( FTW)and Bustitutions South of FTW will occur down to San Antonio.( SAS)

Tomorrows a #421/#422 Day in SAS, so Bustitution will be the order of the day also between SAS and FTW.

Last edited:
Thanks! The Eagles and Sunset Ltd. seem to be having Daily Service Disruptions and running Hours Late!

Wonder how many people are actually riding, I'd guess Very Few, might be more Crew on the Train than Passengers??!!!
Yeah, it wouldn’t surprise me. Most of the LD trains have gone to a “COVID” consist, all they could take off the TE is the Transition Sleeper. The SWC and CZ are also running very similar consists to the TE.

I kind of wish I had the time-off to go ride a train right now. The prices are nearly all low bucket and the trains are empty. A bit extra of washing hands and you darn near get a train to yourself!!

Yeah, it wouldn’t surprise me. Most of the LD trains have gone to a “COVID” consist, all they could take off the TE is the Transition Sleeper. The SWC and CZ are also running very similar consists to the TE.

I kind of wish I had the time-off to go ride a train right now. The prices are nearly all low bucket and the trains are empty. A bit extra of washing hands and you darn near get a train to yourself!!
Guess as a Pilot you're pretty busy! IINM you haul Cargo instead of passengers right?

Stay Safe out there, Airports are Germ Factories as you know!

Guess as a Pilot you're pretty busy! IINM you haul Cargo instead of passengers right?

Stay Safe out there, Airports are Germ Factories as you know!
Hey Bob, actually I do fly people but I fly private corporate jets. So we aren’t exposed to the masses of most airports, and we typically only fly a few people. We do our best to stay away from the germ issues and we’ve instituted extra cleaning and sterilizing procedures for our aircraft.
Have a good one!!

Hey Bob, actually I do fly people but I fly private corporate jets. So we aren’t exposed to the masses of most airports, and we typically only fly a few people. We do our best to stay away from the germ issues and we’ve instituted extra cleaning and sterilizing procedures for our aircraft.
Have a good one!!
Ditto! Keep the Needles Centered! ( you can tell how long it's been since I flew a Plane! lol)

Ditto! Keep the Needles Centered! ( you can tell how long it's been since I flew a Plane! lol)

The needles are sometimes displayed electronically rather than mechanically now, but keeping them centered remains good advice :)

(And El Capitan is lucky. Those of us in general aviation on a budget, rather than corporate or commercial, are lucky to get to fly a plane younger than ourselves. Mechanical "needles" will be around for a long time for some of us.)

Not so easy. It's about more than washing hands. You could have travel mates sneezing and coughing for the entire trip. Those droplets stay in the air for hours. In an enclosed environment like a train, everyone is at risk. What are the odds none of them are infected? For that matter, any one of us could be infected, and cause others to be.

The needles are sometimes displayed electronically rather than mechanically now, but keeping them centered remains good advice :)

(And El Capitan is lucky. Those of us in general aviation on a budget, rather than corporate or commercial, are lucky to get to fly a plane younger than ourselves. Mechanical "needles" will be around for a long time for some of us.)

Isn’t that the truth Siegmund...I am very lucky!! I recently (3/24) got home from Savannah, GA after 3 and a half weeks training on our newest planes, the Gulfstream G500. We still have needles in this plane, but very few. In fact now nearly everything on the plane is controlled from a touch screen controller very similar to an iPad.

Not so easy. It's about more than washing hands. You could have travel mates sneezing and coughing for the entire trip. Those droplets stay in the air for hours. In an enclosed environment like a train, everyone is at risk. What are the odds none of them are infected? For that matter, any one of us could be infected, and cause others to be.

You bet Skyline, that’s why I mentioned that I would kind of like to be able to ride. It is definitely a lot of risk (not worth it for me), especially since it appears the virus is getting airborne from carriers before any symptoms are being felt. It also seems the virus is traveling in smaller droplets than previously thought, basically those from regular breath. I just read about a church choir in Mt. Vernon, WA, they had a rehearsal earlier in Feb and 45 of 60 members who came to the practice got infected. And nobody showed symptoms for at least a couple of days after. The initial thought is the virus made it’s way around the room from the heavy lung usage for singing. Ugh.

Back