#21 of 9/04 Running 9+Hours Late in Texas

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Dylan

50+ Year Amtrak Rider
AU Supporting Member
Texas Eagle #21/#421 which left Chicago on Fri 9/04, is now running 9+Hours Late out of Marshall in East Texas.

It had lost 3 Hours between St. Louis and Arcadia, arrived into Texarkana 5 Hours Late and lost 4 more Hours on the way to Marshall.

Chances are that the #22 of today,(9/05), will meet it around Longview, usually the 2 meet in Ft. Worth.

The usual procedure when the Eagle is running this late is to turn it @ Ft Worth to become the next days #22, and Bustitute passengers going South of Ft Worth, but with Sunday (9/06) being a #421/ #422 day out of San San Antonio, I'm thinking they'll run #21 to San Antonio, since #1 arrives about Midnight/leaves @246am, and #2 arrives around Sunrise into SAS and #22/#422 departs @ 7am.

Last edited:
Texas Eagle #21/#421 which left Chicago on Fri 9/04, is now running 9+Hours Late out of Marshall in East Texas.

It had lost 3 Hours between St. Louis and Arcadia, arrived into Texarkana 5 Hours Late and lost 4 more Hours on the way to Marshall.

Chances are that the #22 of today,(9/05), will meet it around Longview, usually the 2 meet in Ft. Worth.

The usual procedure when the Eagle is running this late is to turn it @ Ft Worth to become the next days #22, and Bustitute passengers going South of Ft Worth, but with Sunday (9/06) being a #421/ #422 day out of San San Antonio, I'm thinking they'll run #21 to San Antonio, since #1 arrives about Midnight/leaves @246am, and #2 arrives around Sunrise into SAS and #22/#422 departs @ 7am.
According to a post I saw on Facebook the 421 passengers are being taken off 21 in Fort Worth and sent on a bus to San Antonio.

Back