25% off NEC Saver Fares

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daybeers

Conductor
Got this email yesterday. $29 WAS-NYC! Ends August 31st for travel through September 12th.
Get back on board Northeast Regional with confidence. With your safety and comfort in mind, Amtrak® is delivering a new standard of travel so you can sit back, relax and enjoy the ease and comfort that comes with train travel. Plan your next trip on Northeast Regional and take advantage of up to 25% off already low fares.

Sample One-Way Fares:
New York to Washington, DC: $29
Boston to New York: $29
New York to Providence: $29
Philadelphia to New York: $29
Baltimore to New York: $29
Boston to Philadelphia: $29
Boston to Washington, DC: $49
Offer requires 14-day advance purchase. Sale ends August 31. Valid for travel through September 12.

I saw these fares a couple of weeks ago, theyre not new. I also saw an Acela going for $120 when it also said it was 10% full.

What was the advance booking in each case?

(I'm thinking that either there was a glitch with the fullness indicator or, if close in, Amtrak was making an attempt (likely bungled) at "product defense".)

Not sure I understand the question, but here's an even pricier one:
Pricey Acela.jpg
This from a search of the 8 - 12 Feb 2021 workweek when fullness was shown as 0% for all five days. BC fares were $183 for each of the other four days.

The First Class fare works out to about $140 per hour: must be a pretty swanky ride!

(I'm thinking that either there was a glitch with the fullness indicator or, if close in, Amtrak was making an attempt (likely bungled) at "product defense".)

In my case, it was 16 or so days in advance. The non-Acela trains directly before and after it were at $39 and listed at around 40% full if my memory is correct. (I didnt end up making the trip - would have been yesterday)

Back