2x1 Business Class Seat Width

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SarahZ

Quality Control
Does anyone happen to know the width (between the armrests) of the leather seats in the 2x1 BC cars? I keep forgetting to measure when I ride.

Google is failing me. All I can find are the Acela measurements and a bunch of AU and FlyerTalk threads discussing the various merits of 2x1 seating and BC in general.

I'm trying to compare them to the 21" First Class seats on a Boeing 737, because Reasons.

The inner armrests each have a cup holder and are four inches wide. The gap between the inner armrests is less than two inches . The seat backs are separated by eight inches.

Oops. My post wasn't clear.

I want the dimensions of the seat cushion itself, as in the space between the armrests where your bottom goes. :) I didn't mean the space between the armrests where the (completely useless on rough tracks) cupholders are.

That's a really good picture, though. That will come in handy when I explain the benefits of BC to people.

I want the dimensions of the seat cushion itself, as in the space between the armrests where your bottom goes. :) I didn't mean the space between the armrests where the (completely useless on rough tracks) cupholders are.

That's a really good picture, though. That will come in handy when I explain the benefits of BC to people.
It was clear to me. ;)

Okay, I had elbow room on my mind !

I understood your question, but don't know the answer.
smiley_39.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back