3/11 #98 cancelled

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
97-09 was canceled because of Monday's Carolinian derailment. That train would've become today's 98. The Silver Star is running with an extra sleeper, I believe.

That makes sense. We're heading back to the frozen Tundra (Boston) on Saturday's 98. I'm sure they'll have it worked out by then. Thanks.

97-09 was canceled because of Monday's Carolinian derailment. That train would've become today's 98. The Silver Star is running with an extra sleeper, I believe.
Yeah, even thought the regular consist was 92 is also not in town for the same reason as why the consist for 98 is missing, they managed to cobble together a consist in Hialeah for 92 from extra stuff lying around there.

Yeah, even thought the regular consist was 92 is also not in town for the same reason as why the consist for 98 is missing, they managed to cobble together a consist in Hialeah for 92 from extra stuff lying around there.
Correct. Obviously my information from yesterday that 98(11) would operate was erroneous.

92(11) did come out with a standard Star consist, plus a third sleeper. However, it seems to be operating with just one locomotive, AMTK 99. Appears to be about fifteen minutes late departing LAK.

Probably the next northbound (tomorrow) will be double the usual length to accommodate all the displaced travelers. And if there are Viewbags on there, it will be one heck of a consist.

I doubt it. Unless they're sending more cars down on tonight's 97. But I would think that any extra equipment kicking around at Hialeah has already gone north. Didn't they already scrounge up an extra Star consist to send up earlier in the week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back