3-hr plus video report on City of New Orleans-Crescent ride

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iliketrains

Lead Service Attendant
Youtuuba just posted Part 1 of his train odyssey on Amtrak from Chicago on the City of New Orleans to New Orleans. Part 1 by itself is 3 hours long. He provides informative details and a high quality video. Part 2 goes from New Orleans to Philadelphia on the Crescent. Part 2 is not posted yet I bet it will just as long and informative.

He includes his train ride from his suburban hometown to Chicago Union Station followed by a short tour of Union Station.

He points out the fact that this train is having its last full meal service. So this will be an historic trip.

Last edited:
This Gentleman does an amazing, thorough job on all of his Amtrak trips. You should check out his other videos as well. Informative and helpful.

This Gentleman does an amazing, thorough job on all of his Amtrak trips. You should check out his other videos as well. Informative and helpful.

I LOVE youtuuba's videos, so VERY much! I have no idea if that guy on YT also posts on this very board, but regardless I've never been disappointed watching any of his Amtrak videos. I haven't yet watched his Crescent video, but as of now I've watched his City of New Orleans video, up to a little after the point where it did the smoke stop in Jackson.

Funny enough in very early 2020, I've been doing a little debating if I should do a loop trip of Chicago-New Orleans-San Antonio-Chicago myself. Not sure if I'll do some other stops in Texas or Oklahoma or Arkansas, i.e. Fort Worth, Dallas, Oklahoma City, Little Rock? I'm a LOOONG way off from debating which places I'll finally go to, but it'd be great to knock off 2 trains I hadn't ridden yet. The third one(TXE) I have partially ridden, but never south of Saint Louis, and I GREATLY want to change that. Anyway I am about to begin finally doing a trip report(on this board of course) of my Empire Builder trip from Chicago to Glacier National Park in Montana I did back in June and July 2019, so stay tuned for that!

I've been passing on this video because of the length, and I'm sorry to say I've only reached the city streets of Chicago before I have to pause. But, I have to say, this dude is taking us on a thrill ride just walking through the Chicago terminal and out into severe foot traffic all heading the opposite direction. To be continued!

I've continued on through lunch at Potbellys and dinner in the Dining Car. On to Memphis and along the way was informed of a book ( THE LONG WAY HOME) I was able to download for free from Amazon. I'll join this trip later.

Last edited:
Back