3 Points/Dollar: AGR Mastercard Purchases (ended 12/31/18)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you get an email telling you that your spending on the credit card until December 31 would earn 3x points? I did.  I think what you should do is examine your next BoA statement where it lists points earned.  Usually there are two lines with one line being your purchase amount at 1x point for your purchases and the second line will be the bonus of 2x points for your qualifying purchases. The statements are available on line.

Did you get an email telling you that your spending on the credit card until December 31 would earn 3x points? I did.  I think what you should do is examine your next BoA statement where it lists points earned.  Usually there are two lines with one line being your purchase amount at 1x point for your purchases and the second line will be the bonus of 2x points for your qualifying purchases. The statements are available on line.
No, I never received an e-mail. The way I found out about it was through AU.

Although I have been receiving the bonus points, I too never received an email and, as with Rail Freak, I learned about it through AU. I did see the the promo when I went to the AGR website though.
I also never received an initial email before it started and found it on the AGR site myself. I did get a follow-up email in late November reminding me that I had till December 31st to learn the 3x points but I never saw an email prior to that one.

Last edited by a moderator:
And yet in the other picture, it seems to be saying that it is exclusive to the World MasterCard. Inconsistency is running wild.
In the ad at the beginning of the AGR webpage, BOTH CARDS ARE SHOWN.  It is that the Platinum is shown behind the World card with a little of the right side of the Platinum card sticking out.

In the ad at the beginning of the AGR webpage, BOTH CARDS ARE SHOWN.  It is that the Platinum is shown behind the World card with a little of the right side of the Platinum card sticking out.
I no longer have the World Master Card, just the Platinum, but Automatically  received ALL my Triple Points on my last Statement with 4 more days to go in the Promotion. :cool:

And yet in the other picture, it seems to be saying that it is exclusive to the World MasterCard. Inconsistency is running wild.
There are two pictures.

Picture 1 shows only the World MasterCard and says the following: “Hurry! Use your Amtrak Guest Rewards World MasterCard to earn 3 points per $1 spent on every purchase through December 31.”

/monthly_2018_12/agr.jpg.0a5def67b12be0b6e44f9a6445a2390b.jpg

Picture 2 shows both cards and says the following: “Make every purchase count through your Amtrak Guest Rewards MasterCard. Start shopping today and you’ll earn 3 points per $1 spent on every purchase. No action is needed. Your card is already activated for this offer.”

/monthly_2018_12/1950156300_ScreenShot2018-12-27at12_13_20PM.png.a3a71e22eb64e834aa8fcabc06b47d8e.png

Inconsistency my friend! Inconsistency!

Back