5,000 points awarded 1/31/20, for what??

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just looked at my points balance, and I see that AGR gave me 5,000 points on 1/31/20. I also see that it is from the Bank of America, but it was mid-cycle and not associated with any amount I charged to my credit card, or with my monthly balance.

Of course, I am delighted (it gets me over the top for my next trip), but I wonder why this bonus? Did I do something right? Did anyone else get such a bonus? Any clues?

I just looked at my points balance, and I see that AGR gave me 5,000 points on 1/31/20. I also see that it is from the Bank of America, but it was mid-cycle and not associated with any amount I charged to my credit card, or with my monthly balance.

Of course, I am delighted (it gets me over the top for my next trip), but I wonder why this bonus? Did I do something right? Did anyone else get such a bonus? Any clues?
I would call AGR( first) and BOA (second)Jennifer and get an explanation as to what this is for! You wouldn't want to have to give them back or have them be invalid when you try to book a trip!

BOA is infamous for making mistakes with accounts!

**Just spit balling but there is a current on line offer of 5,000 Points for getting the BOA MC. Did you happen to have received the card in the recent past???

Last edited:
I would call AGR( first) and BOA (second)Jennifer and get an explanation as to what this is for! You wouldn't want to have to give them back or have them be invalid when you try to book a trip!

BOA is infamous for making mistakes with accounts!

**Just spit balling but there is a current on line offer of 5,000 Points for getting the BOA MC. Did you happen to have received the card in the recent past???

Well, I'd hate to have it be a mistake! But I have had this card since AGR switched over to BofA some years back, and I don't remember signing up for a promotion. In fact, it does not say "promotion."

But I think I will just let them sit there for a couple months, and see what happens. By the time I book that trip, and get the 5% rebate, I am pretty sure that 5,000 will still be there if they decide to claw it back.

Back