6/12/21 CS 14 - 3 hrs late

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BCL

Engineer
I’m going home on it tonight but it’s way late. When I got to SNS I asked the station agent about it and got that it was delayed early. Saw it took 2-1/2 hours to get to Burbank.

So we went to downtown where every Saturday is cruising. Some of the cars are “newer”, but it was mostly 50s and 60s cars. It felt like I imagine Havana feels like.

The station waiting room in Salinas is still open past the posted 7:30 PM closing time. I wonder if the station agent gets overtime for this.

It was delayed due to police activity, as were three Surfliner trains. No idea anything beyond that

Three hours late?! For an Amtrak long-distance train, that's really good timekeeping!! :)
It was late right out of the gate. Left LAUS on time but got delayed by a train running over someone lying on the tracks.

I just got a call and voice message from an unfamiliar toll free number that I found was Amtrak. I called back, gave my reservation number and it’s supposed to transfer me to someone to discuss my options, but I’ve been on hold for 10 minutes. The station agent is still here though.

Back