6 of the best new European train journeys for 2022

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Frecciarossa service from Paris to Milan sounds interesting. Back in 2020 my wife and I had planned a bucket list trip to UK to visit relatives then Paris vis Eurostar then train to Rome possibly by the Thello overnight sleeper that was running then, returning to the US via transatlantic ship. COVID put an end to those plans. I hope to resurrect them when and if "normal life" ever returns😟

The Frecciarossa service from Paris to Milan sounds interesting. Back in 2020 my wife and I had planned a bucket list trip to UK to visit relatives then Paris vis Eurostar then train to Rome possibly by the Thello overnight sleeper that was running then, returning to the US via transatlantic ship. COVID put an end to those plans. I hope to resurrect them when and if "normal life" ever returns😟
Yes.

Way back when I had taken the first through TGV service from Paris to Milan through the Mont Cenis Tunnel via Modane. It was a very different experience from the normal Corail EC service.

COVID put an end to those plans. I hope to resurrect them when and if "normal life" ever returns
I'm starting to feel like it's "normal enough" to begin planning something. My main concern is testing positive on an outbound leg and getting stuck in quarantine. I'm hoping to add another 7-10 days to my trip so I can still relax and enjoy myself even if I get a bad result somewhere along the way. What I do not like is that many airlines are rolling back their blanket booking protections despite the fact that many countries are still changing the rules regularly. If they really want us to put our time and money on the line they need to keep those protections in place so that we're not SOL due to factors beyond our control.

Last edited:
Back