- Nov 1, 2015
- Tri-Cities, Washington
The Senate secured enough votes to move ahead with a bipartisan infrastructure agreement.
The Senate voted to move forward on a bipartisan infrastructure bill after weeks of negotiations on Wednesday, clearing a key procedural hurdle on a bill that includes $550 billion in new spending for infrastructure projects around the country.
- $40 billion for bridge repair, replacement and rehabilitation
- $66 billion investment in Amtrak passenger rail
- $39 billion for modernizing public transit and improving access for the elderly and people with disabilities
- $55 billion for clean water investments
- $65 billion in broadband internet deployment
- $7.5 billion to build electric vehicle chargers nationwide
Looks like Biden's Infrastructure bill has passed and it includes $66 billion in funding for Amtrak. This is quite a significant investment, in the Obama Stimulus (ARRA) in 09 Amtrak only received $1.8 billion. Will some of this funding be going towards the huge investment needed to replace the Amfleet 1s?