92 silver star 8 hrs late

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a photo of it in elgin today. With no dining car I would say the answer is no. The cafe the meteor had subbed for it's diner though came back up on 92 though. Deadheading

It departed MIA 3 hrs 13 mins late. Not sure why... 91 arrived less than 2 hrs late the night before. Lost another 90 mins by the time it got to JAX, but that's par for the course. Lost more time into SAV and then in South Carolina. But the icing on the cake was taking 3 hrs 5 mins RGH-RMT. That's a run that can be made in 1 hr 6 mins in the absence of slow orders and conflicting traffic.

Anyone know if they will give them dinner again lol

With no dining car I would say the answer is no.
Good point! Did the OP get a dinner even the first time, let alone "again"?

Though, on the Silver trains with an operating dining car, my experience has been that they keep feeding the Sleeper passengers, until the food runs out.

Last edited by a moderator:
A sleeper was shopped at the last minute delaying 92's departure.

It just occurred to me that without a dining car, the Star doesn't have the beef stew and rice rations for use on exceptionally late trains. Cafe is only stocked with the snack packs and water. I guess we'll call ahead for Domino's?

Not a good week for the Star for staying close to on schedule. Both #91(8/05) and #92(8/05) were delayed overnight by over 5 hours between Savannah and Columbia. #91(8/05) departed CLB 33 minutes late, then DNK 5 hours, 44 minutes late. Meanwhile #92(8/05) dep SAV only 6 minutes late, then DNK 5 hours, 55 minutes late. Since both trains got delayed, likely something blocking the track(s) or a grade crossing incident.

Yes CSX is not removing the many pines that overhang its tracks around here. Just waiting for the next storm or worse a freezing rain event.

Yes CSX is not removing the many pines that overhang its tracks around here. Just waiting for the next storm or worse a freezing rain event.
If they don't do so, Amtrak should nudge or ask CSX to get more aggressive about tree trimming and keeping their ROW clear to the extent it allowed to, in VA and the Carolinas.

The fallen tree really messed up #92(8/05). It lost more time in SC and recently arrived at WAS 7 hours, 4 minutes late. Will be an early AM arrival at NYP.

The problem with pines and to a much lesser extent other trees is that they go for the sunlight. Therefore a quick grow tree leans over the cleared track. Much easier to bush hog every other year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back