# 92 Silver Star

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TWA904

According to the 11PM news from Orlando Channel 2, todays Silver Star # 92 was involved in an accident with a car in Sanford Fl. According to the

news story there were 2 minor injuries. The train must not have been damaged because the reporter on location said the train had departed on its

way to Jacksonville at about 11P just a few minutes before he was doing his report.

Departed JAX 4 hours late. On a holiday, it should make up an hour en route to NYP, possibly more.

Too bad about the accident.

I wonder if the driver was a friend of our Pennyk?

She certainly made a wrong turn!!

Too bad about the accident.

I wonder if the driver was a friend of our Pennyk?

She certainly made a wrong turn!!
:eek:

I wish I had a clever response, but I cannot think of one. Dick, if you were not such a nice guy and if I were not so directionally challenged, I would be insulted. :lol:

I am very happy no one was hurt.

I was on this train headed from Tampa to Washington Dc. Heard a swoosh sound, and then all of a sudden, the train came to a stop. We didn't know that a car was involved...we thought it was several pedestrians crossing the tracks. The Sanford rescue teams showed up and after a considerable time, we saw a person being wheeled on a stretcher to the ambulance. Another woman was able to walk there, although she seemed sort of dazed.

When the train came to a halt, a number of people stopped at the crossing got out of their cars, got down on their hands and knees and were staring under the train while talking on their cell phones.

Glad to learn that nobody was seriously injured. We were over an hour late leaving from Tampa. After the accident we were really late...departing north from Jacksonville over 4 hours late! At one point in the trip, we were over 5 hours behind schedule. We finally arrived into Washington Dc over 4 hours behind schedule.

The delay didn't affect our plans, but I'm certain that there were lots of people late for their thanksgiving dinners...

Currently at the phoenix park hotel, right across from Union station...typing as best I can on my new kindle fire.

Happy thanksgiving!

I'm on that train right now, currently 5.5 hours late. The dining car ran out of food and even the employees, on the train and on the customer support line can't give any helpful information. Anyone know of a link to a website that details rail passenger rights when it comes to compensation, food, vouchers, etc.?

I'm on that train right now, currently 5.5 hours late. The dining car ran out of food and even the employees, on the train and on the customer support line can't give any helpful information. Anyone know of a link to a website that details rail passenger rights when it comes to compensation, food, vouchers, etc.?
Not sure about rights, but it looks like 91, 92, and 97 all lost 5 or 6 hours around Winter Haven, Sebring, and Okeechobee. Wonder what happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back