97(14) Service Disruption

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was held in Sunnyside.

Note: 97 (14) is not showing on my map - if you look on Amtrak's it's in the right position, but the system thinks it's 97 (15), which hasn't left yet so I filter it off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Freezing weather was playing havoc with the trains. 49 was 5+ hours late leaving after waiting to take some cars from the 2 hour late 98. 97 was having the same problems (frozen pipes).

I'm guessing 98 had to find stock or get stock delivered to it.
You mean 97. 49 took 98's, which normally would have gone to 97. I suspect 49 took it because if it waited any longer it would have missed most, if not all, connections in Chicago and that would have been costly to Amtrak. 97 probably waited for 48's cars to thaw so it could take them south (like the snow birds :giggle: )

I'm guessing 98 had to find stock or get stock delivered to it.
You mean 97. 49 took 98's, which normally would have gone to 97. I suspect 49 took it because if it waited any longer it would have missed most, if not all, connections in Chicago and that would have been costly to Amtrak. 97 probably waited for 48's cars to thaw so it could take them south (like the snow birds :giggle: )
My bad. numbers next to eachother!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back