A Compliment for an Amtrak Agent's Service

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dakota 400

Engineer
I made my Auto Train reservation for January this afternoon using the dedicated phone number that connects with the Auto Train Department of Amtrak. My experience with this Agent was excellent.

She was knowledgeable, efficient, friendly, offered me a choice of one of two Roomettes available whose numbers I told her at the start of the booking process, and clearly answered my questions about the e-mailed documents that I would receive. When I called, the announced wait time for an Agent was 10 minutes. Much less than that was my experience. Only after we disconnected did I think about asking her name. She is an excellent representative of Amtrak's reservations process.

For future reference, any time you have a great agent and would like to put a good word in for them, ask to speak to their supervisor about putting in a good word about them, they'll transfer you over to the appropriate supervisor. I strongly recommend that callers do that these days with the Riverside call center being closed and the only one that is truly Amtrak employees being in Philadelphia, it will partly justify their jobs.

And, if that knowledgeable, efficient, friendly,helpful agent is one of the people in Florida ... it will also justify their job :)

I do not think the call center staffed by Floridians would not be answering the specific Auto Train phone number. The Florida call center is staffed by non-Amtrak employees. They are contract workers and I believe the only calls they answer are the ones to the general Amtrak phone number.

Actually the Auto Train number no longer has dedicated agents. The calls go to a regular agent. I can't remember when that happened, but it was before my time at the call center.

That's interesting. I found what I thought was the dedicated Auto Train number in an old timetable and thought that might be a better number to use. When I was connected, I heard a recording that said that I was connected to the "Auto Train Department". A "dedicated agent" or not, the woman helped to make me a pleased Amtrak customer during my reservation process.

Back