A Fixed Line With Signs at NYP for the Ethan Allen

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SubwayNut

Conductor
Yesterday I was in NYP 3:45 and noticed a mazed off line that went straight back towards the side of the waiting area (near tracks 5 and 6). Little paper signs with the Wi-Fi on the Ethan Allen logo were at each end telling passengers to line up there for the Ethan Allen (the train leaves at 3:15):

ethan_allen.jpg

Never seen this before in NYP, I guess Amtrak is trying to control the lines that form near tracks 5 and 6 long before Empire Service Trains actually board since all the regulars know this is where those trains always board from.

Last edited by a moderator:
Next time you see the sign, tell them its "Fort Edward" not "Fort Edwards". Not to mention "Rhinecliff" not "Rinecliff".

Such wonderful proofreading by NYP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Call it a hunch, but if the lines get long I suspect that Amtrak is going to have to start stationing folks downstairs on a permanent basis. I find it ironic that Amtrak is stepping this up when they're currently under some level of fire for this sort of thing in Congress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back