A-line Detours 5/26/2019

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
According to the Amtrak Twitter Alerts there was a derailment (between Selma and Raleigh) which caused 79/26 to terminate at Selma and 91/26 to detour down the A-line. How bad is the derailment? I’m scheduled to take 91/27 to Cary and am wondering if I’ll get caught in a bustitution.

Thanks,
jb

They anticipate the tracks being cleared by this morning. Nothing is on its side but you can never know until it is cleared. A few weeks ago, a single car on the ground took more time than anticipated to rerail and disrupted the Palmetto.

Looks like 92 is being held at RGH this morning. Amtrak says 80 will originate from RGH. I wonder if NCDOT ran its own 79 RGH-CLT last night and its own 80 CLT-RGH this morning.

92 finally departed 3 hrs 49 mins late and lost more time RGH-RMT, departing RMT 5 hrs 27 mins late. 80's status unclear.

Looks like 92 is being held at RGH this morning. Amtrak says 80 will originate from RGH. I wonder if NCDOT ran its own 79 RGH-CLT last night and its own 80 CLT-RGH this morning.

They did and passengers from 79(26) that were transported by bus around the derailment hooked up with the make up train. They probably should have done the same thing today..

92 finally departed 3 hrs 49 mins late and lost more time RGH-RMT, departing RMT 5 hrs 27 mins late. 80's status unclear.

80 left RGH -5'10" and is currently down 5'52" going by Weldon, NC. An on time section is operting for the benefit of corridor passengers.

Back