A quick trip to New York

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for sharing. I had heard about the snow blowing in the vestibules, but had never seen that so I enjoyed your pictures showing that.

A very nice review and some great pictures too. Always nice to see pictures from a NYC trip.

I will be on the Lakeshore from Boston in a few weeks. Those toilets better work.
We had frozen pots in our Viewliner on a recent LSL trip to NYC, but since neither Sleeper was near full, the LSAs opened the H room in the other car for us, giving plenty of room to operate. It was no big inconvenience.

Wonderful travelog David! I have been considering a similar trip to Philidelphia. Wasn't sure about transferring to the pennsylvanian at Pittsburgh, but you made it sound easy enough. I THink that's the way I will go!

Great report, I have marked your blog to follow, looking forward to other interesting reports.

Diana in Indiana

Thank you, David ... I always enjoy your reports.

We, also, had been on the LSL last October and found your pictures amazing ...

Thanks everyone who enjoyed the report!

Diana - Enjoy the trip to Philadelphia! I think it's a pretty good route to take the Capitol Limited and the Pennsylvanian there. I've done that trip before in Coach too!

greatcats - Hope the toilets work for you on your trip! Those very low temps and 80mph speeds can do some serious freezing on the pipes and equipment hanging below the train car floor.

jb64 - If only I had caught some of the vestibules before they were shoveled out and salted, now that would have been interesting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back