AAA Discount

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RailFanLNK

Conductor
I just attempted to purchase 4 tickets on Carolinian from NYC to DC on June 30th on the Amtrak website. Both my girlfriend and I are AAA members but her two daughters are not. One is 16 and the other is 18 and both in High School. Can you still order tickets off the website when they don't actually have AAA numbers? Do you type in thier mothers number in the area available? Thanks!

Al

Can you still order tickets off the website when they don't actually have AAA numbers? Do you type in thier mothers number in the area available?
Yes! :)

As long as 1 pax on the reservation qualifies for the AAA fare, everyone on the reservation also qualifies for the AAA rate! B) Just enter the same AAA number in the space provided for each pax!

It doesn't matter who the number belongs to. The only "restriction" is that the person who has that number must be traveling with the group and pick up all the tickets - and may be asked to show their AAA card to the ticket agent to show that they qualify. (HINT: If you can pick up your tickets at a Quik-Trak machine, there is no agent to show your card to!)

Can you still order tickets off the website when they don't actually have AAA numbers? Do you type in thier mothers number in the area available?

As long as 1 pax on the reservation qualifies for the AAA fare, everyone on the reservation also qualifies for the AAA rate! B) Just enter the same AAA number in the space provided for each pax!

It doesn't matter who the number belongs to. The only "restriction" is that the person who has that number must be traveling with the group and pick up all the tickets - and may be asked to show their AAA card to the ticket agent to show that they qualify. (HINT: If you can pick up your tickets at a Quik-Trak machine, there is no agent to show your card to!)
Darn,

I wanted to use the Quicktrak machine at CUS this past Saturday, but my Wife wouldn't let me...for some reason she didn't like the look of them and there was only one person standing in line waiting for the ticket agents. I got our tickets using the NARP discount and the agent only asked to see our ID's. I suppose the Conductor could ask about our NARP membership cards when collecting the tickets on the train, but none ever have in my experience! :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose the Conductor could ask about our NARP membership cards when collecting the tickets on the train, but none ever have in my experience! :ph34r:
I have used the AAA fare for over 15 years, and I've never been asked for my card while on the train! (By the agent at the station, yes, but not on the train - even when I've used the Quik-Trak!)

I've used AAA every time I've booked a non-AGR trip and have never been asked to show it. (however, I do carry with me at all times as my cars are not the newest)

I used a quik-trak last week for the first time at MSP. Very slick!

Dan

The AAA discounts are some of the best available 10% all the time and some off season additional discounts sometimes

pop up in the hot deals section of the website,didnt see them this year but last year my wife and I went round trip

in a deluxe sleeper on the CZ for a little over $1000 ! I was never asked for my card>

Trainfan

I bought tickets for myself, my wife, and 2 adult children online. The ticket agent at the station asked to see EVERYONE's AAA card when we picked up the tickets. Maybe she was just upset we were checking 12 bags?

I bought tickets for myself, my wife, and 2 adult children online. The ticket agent at the station asked to see EVERYONE's AAA card when we picked up the tickets. Maybe she was just upset we were checking 12 bags?
Or maybe she was poorly trained and didn't know the rules.

And for Canadians travelling on Amtrak....Your CAA Card is eligible for the same discounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back