Accessible Bedroom

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reno89502

Service Attendant
Found out something interesting about Amtrak that I was not aware of, even thought I have been traveling in Sleeper Service for 20 years. I make about 2 runs a month from Hartford to Richmond, VA. I do the same train every time. 141 to NYC, and then 91 to Richmond, VA. I ALWAYS get a sleeper, since I stay up all night and sleep all the way down to Richmond. When I booked the trip, there were no sleepers available. I just called Amtrak and inquired if any sleepers came open. I was told that the only thing available was the Accessible room. I said that I am not handicapped, and I was told that if the sleeper is not sold 2 weeks before the trip, it becomes available to the General Public. So, I got the accessible room. When did this change happen?

I've been on AU since 2011 and learned of this back then. It makes sense to sell the room to the general public than to have it empty. If you're looking online it shows up when there are no other rooms available - within that 2 week period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back