Account Merged/Credentials

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cho Cho Charlie

Engineer
I got an email from Amtrak, saying that my Amtrak reservation account was merged with the Amtrak Guest Rewards account, and that from now on, my one common logon will be with my AGR account name and password.

Evidently this is a project they have been working on for a few months. My brother tried to sign up for guest rewards last month and couldn't because the computer kept saying his ID and password were already in use. he computer was picking up his Amtrak ID. Of course GR customer service and IT support both couldn't help him, and basically said call back in a month or so and try and sign up again...

I got some email the other day about using same log in for Amtrak and AGR... Correct me if wrong.. Still separate websites and apps just use same log in and password??

Yeah, I had for my own reasons been RESISTING the joining of my accounts. Now, apparently I have no choice.

I wrote them an email expressing my displeasure.

Speaking of merging......

Moderators just merged two topics (one in Amtrak forum and one in Guest Rewards forum). The topic in Guest Rewards forum was titled "Credentials" and the one in the Amtrak Rail Discussion forum was titled "Account Merged."

The posts in the 2 threads were merged and display in the order that they were posted.

As an FYI, I also was resisting joining my accounts because of the issues others were having. Yesterday, I was given no choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of years ago, I connected the Amtrak and AGR accounts. After that I didn't get any AGR emails and nobody could fix the problem. After several months of playing with it I created a secondary account through my provider and used that - problem solved! I hope I don't have to go through that again.

A couple of years ago, I connected the Amtrak and AGR accounts. After that I didn't get any AGR emails and nobody could fix the problem. After several months of playing with it I created a secondary account through my provider and used that - problem solved! I hope I don't have to go through that again.
I had the same problem, so my AGR was set up with a different email account so that I could get my AGR emails. I don't seem to be having any problems now with the merger.

It still seems to have issues though in regards to showing booked reservations for me. If I click "trips" I can view them but not always at the bottom of the mobile app. Anyone else still having issues with that!

On the subject of AGR/Amtrak merged accounts......the process is not yet complete for some accounts. I can book a trip with points on amtrak.com with my account but my mom cannot. I called Amtrak about this issue, was forwarded to a tech support person and she informed me that it will be a gradual process and said I should be patient and keep trying. The bug will essentially work itself out and the merge will be available in full to all accounts soon.

As an FYI, I also was resisting joining my accounts because of the issues others were having. Yesterday, I was given no choice.
My feelings exactly. If I wanted them joined, I would have done it myself.
I am OK with it either way, though I do prefer a single account over multiple by a smidgen. That makes Amtrak similar to every other service provider account that I have. So far Amtrak was a bit of an anomaly for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back