Acela Business Class Seat Assignments

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeRids

Service Attendant
Hi, It's been a while since I've been on this, and please direct me to the correct thread if this has already been covered. With regards to Acela BUSINESS class seat assignments, can I be assured that when the seating diagram points to the "direction of travel" that it is really the direction of travel? I thought these consists were not turned? I assigned myself a seat at a 4 person table and I really don't want to ride backwards. Thanks!

Hi, It's been a while since I've been on this, and please direct me to the correct thread if this has already been covered. With regards to Acela BUSINESS class seat assignments, can I be assured that when the seating diagram points to the "direction of travel" that it is really the direction of travel? I thought these consists were not turned? I assigned myself a seat at a 4 person table and I really don't want to ride backwards. Thanks!
You’ll be the only one at the table, so switch seats if the one you picked is facing the wrong way.
You can also use the app to switch seats after you board - if there’s one available.

You’ll be the only one at the table, so switch seats if the one you picked is facing the wrong way.
You can also use the app to switch seats after you board - if there’s one available.

I'm not sure if this is correct, as the seat map states there is a possibility someone could be seated across the table diagonal from me (it's a 4 person table).

I believe they now seat people diagonally across in Business so there would be the potential to share a table with someone else. The direction of travel arrow changes depending on the direction you booked so it should remain in relation to the actual direction of the seat in the car. Forward seats will be forwards northbound and "backwards" southbound and vice versa. Hopefully that helps. If all else fails, you can always try to change on the app if there is an issue if there is open space.

Some seats in Acela FC are turned at the end of each trip. Obviously, seating at tables cannot be turned.

For two-person tables, I suspect Covid rules put only one person at them. Pre Covid and using upgrades, I preferred 4 person tables over 2 person as I had more table top space for my laptop and meal concurrently. Many times, I didn't have someone opposite me, so I could stretch my legs out as well.

How do I check direction of travel? Are Acela consists usually always the same (like the Surfliner) or can they change.

If confused, is the first class car always at the same end of the consist

Attachments

• 47397F4A-09C5-4B13-AEC5-0B32406FCB87.jpeg
    47397F4A-09C5-4B13-AEC5-0B32406FCB87.jpeg
    23.7 KB · Views: 1
How do I check direction of travel? Are Acela consists usually always the same (like the Surfliner) or can they change.

If confused, is the first class car always at the same end of the consist
If you're heading South to WAS the FC Car will be the First Car in the consist behind the Power car.

If heading North to NYP it'll be the last Car in front of the trailing Power.( Power on both ends

And remember, Acela assigns your Seat but you can change it online,( or with an Agent or Lounge Attendant) I did this on my May trip from.NYP-BWI since I'd been given a Table Seat for 2, but like the Single Seats better.

If you're heading South to WAS the FC Car will be the First Car in the consist behind the Power car.

If heading North to NYP it'll be the last Car in front of the trailing Power.( Power on both ends

And remember, Acela assigns your Seat but you can change it online,( or with an Agent or Lounge Attendant) I did this on my May trip from.NYP-BWI since I'd been given a Table Seat for 2, but like the Single Seats better.
Thank you Jim!

Back