Acela ride: Disappointment and bribing

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll just have to agree to disagree. Though true they may not say "OK, Form a line now", you can't access the platform in DC, Chicago and LA (from my experience) until they open the doors. The one who opens the door is the one that makes the announcement that people fall in line to. Try to jump ahead of that crowd.
At least at WAS, while no one officially says "form a line", the bank/theater style ropes, and the zig-zag maze they form, strongly implies a single line needs to be formed.

All but the last are implemented now, and if someone isn't going to pay attention to the fact that they're getting on a train clearly labeled "MARC" with huge orange and blue stripes and not the train clearly labeled "Amtrak" across the platform, I have serious doubts that they're going to read a destination sign.
There is a certain part of the population in this country which takes great pride in being clueless and stupid. It is a social thing. And the nanny state mentality tends to try to cater to their ever increasing state of cluelessness and stupidity. Such is life. It leads to overly staffed trains and other facilities and added costs of operation as a result. OK, now I guess I need to duck as the projectiles head my way :-/

All but the last are implemented now, and if someone isn't going to pay attention to the fact that they're getting on a train clearly labeled "MARC" with huge orange and blue stripes and not the train clearly labeled "Amtrak" across the platform, I have serious doubts that they're going to read a destination sign.
There is a certain part of the population in this country which takes great pride in being clueless and stupid. It is a social thing. And the nanny state mentality tends to try to cater to their ever increasing state of cluelessness and stupidity. Such is life. It leads to overly staffed trains and other facilities and added costs of operation as a result. OK, now I guess I need to duck as the projectiles head my way :-/
Jis: As usual, Logical, Sensible and True! :hi:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll duck with you because I agree. Why else would there be a need for so many "stupid" warnings on products (besides this being a litigation happy society).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back