Acela wheelchair seating

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joelkfla

Engineer
Do Acela cars have a wheelchair space and an adjacent seat in both Business & 1st Class?

When I book a LD train with my profile I see wheelchair space or accessible bedroom in the available seats, but when I did a trial booking on Acela it just showed Business & 1st Class seats with no special wheelchair indication.

Thanks.

Do Acela cars have a wheelchair space and an adjacent seat in both Business & 1st Class?

When I book a LD train with my profile I see wheelchair space or accessible bedroom in the available seats, but when I did a trial booking on Acela it just showed Business & 1st Class seats with no special wheelchair indication.

Thanks.

Yes, they do. Unless you state that you have a disability, the website should not allow you to book the ADA seats.

Yes, they do. Unless you state that you have a disability, the website should not allow you to book the ADA seats.
Thanks. I just realized last night, that even though I have the disability info saved in my profile, the Amtrak website defaults back to full fare adult when I first come in. Only when I explicitly select the Passenger with Disability discount does it pull up the info from the profile.

Thanks. I just realized last night, that even though I have the disability info saved in my profile, the Amtrak website defaults back to full fare adult when I first come in. Only when I explicitly select the Passenger with Disability discount does it pull up the info from the profile.
I’ve had that happen a few times. Had to call for a refund once because I hadn’t noticed it did that before I paid

Back