ACS-64 Heads Up

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amtrak #6(30) came through Iowa today running just under three hours late with AMTK 656 and, as a surprise to me, the private car Cripple Creek.

We just returned from Denver and were on the CZ with 656. CZ arrived several hours late into Chicago and we had only about an hour before #30 left last night. 656 was still sitting in the Amtrak yards hooked up with 6 as we left CUS. That private car coupling cost us an extra hour in DEN :eek:

Amtrak #6(31) with AMTK 655 yesterday running on time at Fraser, Colorado taken by YouTube user Michael DeMarco.

Saw AMTK 655 in Ottumwa this morning. #6(31) was just forty-four minutes late out of Ottumwa. Sounded like the outbound engineer was in a good mood.

Running nine minutes behind schedule, Amtrak #6(19) is seen passing through the countryside west of Batavia, Iowa with AMTK 657.

I saw AMTK 658 on Amtrak #6(20) earlier today west of Chillicothe, Iowa. You can see the train go from the eastbound track to the westbound track so it can pass a coal train in about thirty miles.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was surprised by AMTK 659 on Amtrak #6(26) this morning at Agency, Iowa. I was also surprised by the sight of a second sightseer lounge, and I was surprised by the private cars Chapel Hill and Adirondack Club.

This means there are only ten Sprinters left, right?

Back