ACS-64 Heads Up

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's 651 near Agency, Iowa on the now ten-hour-late #6(18). Engineer was still nice enough to give a bit of a horn show. This train met #5 about seven minutes east of here.

Here's the video - why does 514 look so dirty?

The P32-BWHs are hard to clean since the brushes can not actually touch the main body of the engine. They are blocked by the guard rail for the walkway. What ends up happening is it basically gets sprayed and rinsed. The brushes can actually scrub the P40s, P42s and the electric fleet.

LOL of course they pick up 50 and 51 the weekend before I get there. Perhaps 652 will get picked up before I leave? haha

The Capitol Limited left Chicago on Sunday with AMTK 653 while being led AMTK 189 which has the "Big Game Train" decals on its side. And the only evidence I've found of this move is this video photo screenshot of a web camera:

#6(15) left Ottumwa, Iowa this morning running one hour and three minutes late with AMTK 654 right in front of a heritage baggage car with its door wide open. I was a bit surprised to see there was also an extra dining car on the end.

#6(15) left Ottumwa, Iowa this morning running one hour and three minutes late with AMTK 654 right in front of a heritage baggage car with its door wide open. I was a bit surprised to see there was also an extra dining car on the end.
That is one sorry looking Heritage baggage car trailing behind the shiny new #654. With this delivery, only 15 ACS-64s to go to complete the order. At the rate Siemens has been shipping them, looks like the last one will ship before the end of the calendar year. Then it is on to the Charger diesel locomotives.

I think I saw a test train at WIL yesterday around 5pm while waiting for my SEPTA train. It was headed south/west. There was an engine on either end and 3 or 4 cafe cars. One employee detained there.

Being the lousy rail fan, I did think about getting the #'s or pics. :(

Back