Adding a guaranteed connection to a reservation?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HammerJack

Train Attendant
Is it possible to add a connection to an existing reservation? Or, does that require canceling the existing trip and rebooking entirely?

Example: I have a current reservation from SEA to CHI on #8. I want to add a connection on #30 from CHI to WAS. The connection from #8 to #30 is a guaranteed connection if booked together. The fare on #8 has increased since I booked it, so canceling and rebooking would be much more expensive on #8.

Is it possible to add a connection to an existing reservation? Or, does that require canceling the existing trip and rebooking entirely?

Example: I have a current reservation from SEA to CHI on #8. I want to add a connection on #30 from CHI to WAS. The connection from #8 to #30 is a guaranteed connection if booked together. The fare on #8 has increased since I booked it, so canceling and rebooking would be much more expensive on #8.
You want to call and " Modify" your reservation by adding the Leg on #30 from CHI-WAS. You will pay the current Bucket price for whatever you book on #30 but it won't effect your Fare on #8 unless it has gone down since you booked, for which you'll get a credit.

If rooms aren't available on #30( it's running a much shortened consist currently) you'll have to travel in Coach if that's available. Good luck!

You want to call and " Modify" your reservation by adding the Leg on #30 from CHI-WAS. You will pay the current Bucket price for whatever you book on #30 but it won't effect your Fare on #8 unless it has gone down since you booked, for which you'll get a credit.

If rooms aren't available on #30( it's running a much shortened consist currently) you'll have to travel in Coach if that's available. Good luck!

Great, thanks! And that’s fine, I probably would go coach on #30 anyways.

Update on this: The sales rep gave me a different reservation for the connection to #30 in Chicago, but added a note to my #8 reservation that indicated a protected connection to #30 in Chicago. She said it will hold up if the connection is missed.

Back