Adding a trip bought before you made your account, by a week.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Rachel G

Things were a little busy and I managed to buy my tickets before I finished signing up for both my amtrak and my amtrak rewards accounts. I'd really like to move my trip into at least my amtrak account (do I call customer service for this?) and I'd *really* like to get it counted in Amtrak rewards.

So I guess I'm asking, can it happen? And if so, how?

Call Amtrak. Give them your Reservation number. Tell them you want to add your Amtrak Guest Rewards account number. Should take a 2 or 3 minute phone call.

I was doing a points run and noticed my AGR number was not on my ticket. Called Amtrak it was added. Worst part, I was boarding the train during the call. But it turned out that it was a issue with the Amtrak iPhone App. It has been fixed.

As long as your AGR account number is attached to your reservation before it is processed (after being collected/scanned), it should automatically post. (Note: It does not have to be printed on your ticket or E-ticket. It only needs to be attached to your reservation - in the computer.)

Back