Adding Travel Companion on Existing AGR Trip

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amtraknovi

Train Attendant
Booked a Roomette (KCY to SEA) on AGR, for just myself. Have now found a friend who can go, but he is only going to LA. Should I just call and add him to the reservation through Seattle or tell them he will be off in LA? I have also decided to stick with the roomette even though there will be two of us. I have only ridden in bedrooms on overnight trips but can't stomach paying twice the amount of points to upgrade to the bedroom. Am I nuts for trying to squeeze us both in the roomette?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's doable in a roomette.

You can call and add them, and I would decrease the degree of difficulty and just add them to the entire reservation. It isn't like it'll cost any more, or deprive Amtrak of revenue.

No, you're not nuts! Add the other passenger all the way to SEA. Otherwise, you'll need 2 awards, 1 to LAX for both and another award for you from LAX!
ohmy.gif
There will be no problem on the CS. I've done something similar, where a friend could only join me part way. He was listed on all segments!
smile.gif

Back