Adirondack - Vermonter loop

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have some unfortunate news for anyone hoping to do the Adirondack - Vermonter loop trip this summer.

The ferry between Port Kent and Burlington will not run this season.

https://www.wcax.com/2021/04/18/lake-champlain-ferry-route-closed-for-season/
I suppose the only way to do the loop now is with an Uber between Plattsburgh and St. Albans or Burlington. And the odds of the driver getting a fare back from Vermont to Plattsburgh are pretty slim.

Last edited:
Has the New York DOT and Amtrak even announced a return date for the full Adirondack route ?

At present the train is not operating north of Albany, and like The Vermonter it's operation is funded by the NY DOT.

Ken

Has the New York DOT and Amtrak even announced a return date for the full Adirondack route ?

At present the train is not operating north of Albany, and like The Vermonter it's operation is funded by the NY DOT.

Ken
They cant until Canada lifts its Border Restrictions, which mostly likely wont happen till 2022.😥

They cant until Canada lifts its Border Restrictions, which mostly likely wont happen till 2022.😥
I think that comment applies to both the US and Canada, since I don't think either of them will be unilaterally ready to lift any restrictions.

Last edited:
Back