AEM7 Retirement

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From Amtrak Employee on other forum : Additionally, I think the talk about RIDOT and MBTA may be premature. They're just being stored in Quonset Point for the outfit from the left coast that bought them. I don't know if the new owners will ultimately end up selling/leasing them to the T but I suppose it could happen.

Have we heard who the new owners in RI are?

I've heard the State of Rhode Island and Keolis/MBTA being thrown around as possibilities.

They belong to an outfit in California and they are being stored in Quonset Point on their behalf.

Here is a video of the move from WIL to Hudson:

Interesting that the headlight on the rear engine was put on and off as it passed by, possibly signaling the videographer.

They belong to an outfit in California
Do we have any idea who this outfit in California is?

Caltrain seems like the only “railroad” that would have any use for them.

Of course, “outfit” doesn’t mean railroad, and just because they’re in California doesn’t mean they need to be used in the Golden State.

Do we have any idea who this outfit in California is?

Yes, we do...but I don't know if they want it broadcasted since they are supposed to be silent partners.

Do w
Of course, “outfit” doesn’t mean railroad, and just because they’re in California doesn’t mean they need to be used in the Golden State.

Yes, that is extremely likely.

Yellow_Canary__23894.1447512404.500.659__31405.1564180279.jpg

Back