AGR Bonus Points

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I spent the $1000 required for my bonus offer, got the bill for $1100+ but got no bonus showing up on my account. Is this another of those phony offers from Bank Of Sleazy or do we have to wait longer than the time to get the regular points?
I tried to call them but when I chose Rewards Points, I got the message that they are not handling those kind of calls. So I called back and just said "representative" over and over until I got put in a 1 hour 39 minute waiting list. That was, of course, after they said how much they cared - well just not enough to spend any govenrment bailout money hiring some more people to help on the phones. They need that money to boost their bonuses.
My email says to expect to wait at least till after May 31 for bonus points to post.

New email, with the extension:If you have already met the required spending amount, please allow 8 - 12 weeks after 5/31/20 for your bonus points to be deposited into your account.
I saw that the other day. Now it's the end of July or the end of August - enough time that they can tell you that you never met the requirement or never signed up - and that's if you ever get through to them. So, if you completed the requirement before the end of March (as I did), the wait for posting is 4-5 months. Heck, I have trouble remembering what I did on any particular day last week!
After reading that email, I had to take two showers to get all the Sleaze off me.

I finally got my points show up on Amtrak's site yesterday. 2000 point bonus! I was getting ready to call Bank of Sleazy after finding bothing on the bank site when I decided to check Amtrak site and saw the entry.

I finally got my points show up on Amtrak's site yesterday. 2000 point bonus! I was getting ready to call Bank of Sleazy after finding bothing on the bank site when I decided to check Amtrak site and saw the entry.
You made me look.... and both of my bonuses are there. :)

Hmmm... about 82,000 points EUG - WAS, RT in a combination of bedrooms and a roomette on the Cardinal vs $1648 RT with the ability to collect some points. Comes to 49.75 points per dollar spent. How good is that??? 2 cents value each is the going rate so I guess it's about right. I can keep the $1648 in my pocket and go. But wait! Flex meals? EEEEKS!

Back