AGR Credit Card change (October 2022)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The BofA site still tries to connect to AGR though its Reward Tab, but AGR craps out and fails to accept the login. So as usual Amtrak is rising to new heights of incompetence apparently. They have done everything to hint that the relationship is gone, apparently short of officially telling anyone about it.

And BofA is of course just being BofA :)

I sent a short email to cancel our card since the annual fee was due. They emailed back, “we have credited your account for the annual fee“, they left the account open. Not exactly what I asked for but it works, I’ll be interestd to see what the card converts to.

I just now got off the phone with Bank of America because all the speculation was driving me crazy. This is what she told me based on my account: I will earn points on purchases through my September closing date which is the 21st. I will be getting a new card "shortly" that will replace the AGR card, although she said she does not know whether it is another B of A card or from another servicer. She said it was Amtrak's decision to end the relationship and not the bank. So, for what that's worth, now you know what I know.

I just now got off the phone with Bank of America because all the speculation was driving me crazy. This is what she told me based on my account: I will earn points on purchases through my September closing date which is the 21st. I will be getting a new card "shortly" that will replace the AGR card, although she said she does not know whether it is another B of A card or from another servicer. She said it was Amtrak's decision to end the relationship and not the bank. So, for what that's worth, now you know what I know.
I would guess the AGR card will be replaced by another BofA card, not another servicer. That is what Chase did. The "replacement" card just won't generate points. BofA would still want you as a customer.
It it is based on individual closing dates, we will all have different amounts of time left to earn ponts from BofA. While my card would be good until the end of the month, my wife has less than a week left.
As for the future, who knows! If another AGR credit card is in the works, that would most likely be from a different institution.

I win! :p
So "as of September" could also mean as of the billing period starting in September

My no annual fee AGR card statement closes on Sept 9th, and my annual fee AGR card statement closes on Sept 19th. We will continue to use the cards until we read something official (public release statement) from BofA and or Amtrak.

I closed my AF AGR card since my AF was posted already. Last year's 50,000 points will last me 2 or 3 more years, so whatever. I noticed on the Amtrak iOS app, that the payment method removed two BOA credit card icons. So an official announcement might be coming?

I appreciate all the updates here, rumor or otherwise. I'll miss my Amtrak card, but looking forward to cutting back on the number of CC's. Haven't had a lot of desire to take a LD ride for the past year or so, but have done some Maine trips and NYC trips from Boston. I've even scored some Acela firsts on weekends at reasonable rates. Was fun while it lasted!

I got this in today's USPS Informed Delivery that is "introducing" something.
Staring through the scanned paper, I am speculating it is introducing the new bank/card.
Google shows the PO Box belonged to First National Bank of Omaha around 2012, but that bank has a different POB number now.

Attachments

• AGR_Mail_0906_ES.jpg
    AGR_Mail_0906_ES.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 2
Staring through the scanned paper, I am speculating it is introducing the new bank/card.
Google shows the PO Box belonged to First National Bank of Omaha around 2012, but that bank has a different POB number now.
If that is information about a new AGR credit card, hopefully all AGR members will be receiving it, whether they had an AGR credit card in the past or not.

Shhhhh I got the same informed delivery too - but wasn't going to say anything till I got it and opened it. ;)

Mine shows two envelopes which makes me think it is about the CC's because I have both of them.

If that is information about a new AGR credit card, hopefully all AGR members will be receiving it, whether they had an AGR credit card in the past or not.
Information about how the current card is changing/ending isn't relevant to non-cardholders.

I'm certain that once the new card is announced that all will be made amply aware.

Not in my "Informed Delivery" email this morning. Maybe tomorrow!

Shhhhh I got the same informed delivery too - but wasn't going to say anything till I got it and opened it. ;)

Mine shows two envelopes which makes me think it is about the CC's because I have both of them.

Add my name and my wife to the Informed Delivery notification list. We will see the contents later!

Last edited:
Preface with I have the AGR World card.
Got the mailing. New AGR card will be with First National Bank of Omaha. It will be sent out soon with ability to use it on Oct 23 2022.
I haven’t seen anything official from BOA on end date of earnings but I hope it is after October 15. AU gathering is usually one of 2 annual biggest spends on my card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back