AGR Credit Card change (October 2022)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So we will get the new card automatically without an opportunity to enjoy a signup bonus on a new card?
Sounds like it if they're sending the new card out automatically. There may be an opt-out provision, but at this point they also don't seem to have launched it for new cardholders yet.

On the first Page it says Amtrak Guest Rewards Mastercard members earn 2 points per $1 on Amtrak travel purchases, including onboard purchases, Earn @ points per $1 on dining purchases, Earn 1 point per $1 on all other qualifying purchases, Receive a 10% rebate on Amtrak onboard food and beverage purchases, points never expire as long as your account is open, No limit on how many points you can earn as long as your account is open.

On the first Page it says Amtrak Guest Rewards Mastercard members earn 2 points per $1 on Amtrak travel purchases, including onboard purchases, Earn @ points per $1 on dining purchases, Earn 1 point per $1 on all other qualifying purchases, Receive a 10% rebate on Amtrak onboard food and beverage purchases, points never expire as long as your account is open, No limit on how many points you can earn as long as your account is open.
Did you have BofA's free card, or the $79/yr card?

My USPS Informed Delivery has me receiving two (for the platinum & world AGR cards) packets from Amtrak Guest Rewards, looks to be hefty and large envelops like I received when I opened the card and it had all the plan details in it. So I guess today will be the day to see what is really going on with AGR Credit Cards. If they switch banks, making me apply for yet another new credit card I will more than likely dip out on AGR. Between Amtrak Operations and the fact I don't need nor want yet another new credit card this may be the final stake for a while.

I have the $79 World Mastercard and these are the benefits listed in my letter. They’ve added a tier for dining, transit and rideshare. However, it seems that the fee is now $99 annually.
Looks like they added an annual lounge pass as well. Okay value for $99, but I have enough AGR points for a while and I don't value the other benefits at $99 for my travel habits

I have the $79 World Mastercard and these are the benefits listed in my letter. They’ve added a tier for dining, transit and rideshare. However, it seems that the fee is now $99 annually.
I too have the $79 card. As far as adding transit goes, I was already receiving with BofA 2 points per dollar for my monthly LA Metro TAP card and my Metrolink monthly pass.

You might want to.look into other Cards, there are lots with Better Benefits whether for Points/Mileage or Cash Back.

Okay great about the tiers. Does the letter say you are getting a new card to replace the current card? Or do you have to apply from scratch?

On mine away from annual fees it says I'll get a replacement card and have to activate the new card, no mention of applying for a brand-new card. the only thing I'm unclear of is what happens in whole with the Bank of America card? will it be shut down? or will it be turned into a regular Bank of America credit card?

It could just be an invitation to apply for the new card rather than the card itself.
I myself, would just as soon get the new card "automatically" without having to do anything.
I would too. I remember that when having to reapply for the Guest Rewards card when it switched from Chase to BoA, I along with about everyone else was denied the new card while applying online due to some glitch. So, while on an Amtrak vacation, I called to apply, and was accepted. And, when I got back home and picked up my mail that I had the post office keep until I got home, lo and behold, here was another Guest Rewards credit card. Apparently while I was gone, BoA approved my first application they had previously rejected. So I ended up with two cards. That worked fine for awhile, until one of them was continually hacked into and I closed that account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back