AGR Credit Card change (October 2022)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, from what I can tell from the T&C, is there now no limit on the TQPs to be earned via card spend? (I'm not expecting to spend my way all the way to Select Executive, but I could justifiably make a big dent in it, and those TQPs would significantly alter my calculations in terms of when to spend cash vs points on Amtrak.)

So, from what I can tell from the T&C, is there now no limit on the TQPs to be earned via card spend? (I'm not expecting to spend my way all the way to Select Executive, but I could justifiably make a big dent in it, and those TQPs would significantly alter my calculations in terms of when to spend cash vs points on Amtrak.)

Yep. There is no limit to the amount of TQP’s you can earn through credit card spend.

I cannot figure out (in spite of asking them directly and getting non-informational responses) what FNBO charges for foreign fees; both out of network ATM and currency exchange fees. I'm about to travel to Iceland and Greenland. I have both types of cards.

I cannot figure out (in spite of asking them directly and getting non-informational responses) what FNBO charges for foreign fees; both out of network ATM and currency exchange fees. I'm about to travel to Iceland and Greenland. I have both types of cards.
1685162278027.png

I think an ATM withdrawal would be considered a cash advance:
1685162643041.png

To answer a question upstream, you can call the customer service number on the FNBO card, and pay that way. After the first time of entering your routing number and bank account, it will store the info. Unlike BofA, it takes at least the next day for the payment to post on the account.

No foreign fees imposed, at least on the paid version of the card, for purchases.

Use at an ATM would be considered a cash advance and incur a stiff interest rate as well as a cash advance fee. I think interest may be charged from the moment cash is in your hands without the grace period there is for purchases. There also would be whatever ATM fee the ATM owner chooses to charge. Don’t know about FNBO's own ATM fees, I don't use credit cards to get cash.

I recommend using your FNBO card only for purchases and get cash from ATMs using your regular debit/ATM card from your bank.

The switch to FNBO was utterly seamless for me and I've had no gripes about the process, or the customer service (which I admittedly haven't used), or about the speed of posting transactions and AGR points, or the website. Till now.

The ability to search for past transactions is basically nonexistent. Just for example (and this isn't the series of transactions I'm hunting for; I've picked something generic and bland), I usually shop 2-3 times a month at the nearby Target. But there's no apparent way to look for what I've spent at Target. If I hit ctrl+F (for "find") and type "TAR" or any variants into the search box, it comes up with the last transaction at Target. And only the last. None of its predecessors. "Result 1 of 1."

Maybe downloading transactions, a prominent option, would work, but isn't that a ridiculous amount of trouble for a simple search?

If anyone has discovered the trick I'd be glad to hear it.

Have you downloaded the FNBO app? I just had to use the search feature recently as I am planning two cruises and putting all the expenses on this card in order to get 2x points.
When you open the app and the account shows, it will be a summary and will show your most recent transactions. Scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see an option to “view more transactions”. When you click on this, a search bar will show up at the top of the new page. If you type Target in there, all of your Target transactions should show up.
For example, I just did the same and typed in Royal Caribbean and had many transactions show up. I don’t think I’ve tried this on the actual website, so I can’t speak for that- this is just through the app. :)

Have you downloaded the FNBO app? I just had to use the search feature recently...I don’t think I’ve tried this on the actual website, so I can’t speak for that- this is just through the app. :)

Ah, thanks. Nope, I purposely haven't downloaded the app for FNBO or any other banker or broker or retailer. That's to save clutter on my phone and to keep me from doing financial transactions "on the go" via possibly dodgy networks. Bummer when developers add useful features to an app but not a website! Ability to search transactions is, y'know, pretty basic.

Ah, thanks. Nope, I purposely haven't downloaded the app for FNBO or any other banker or broker or retailer. That's to save clutter on my phone and to keep me from doing financial transactions "on the go" via possibly dodgy networks. Bummer when developers add useful features to an app but not a website! Ability to search transactions is, y'know, pretty basic.
You can download to a csv file (it gives you the option of which "statement" period to download. Then, if you don't have a spreadsheet software you can open in it as a text file and search in that.
I agree that the website is not as "friendly" as I'd like it to be.

I believe wireless connections (cellular) tend to be more secure than most wifi networks. In my experience, a regular celluar connection is faster than most wifi networks (especially Amtrak's!).
I do most of my "stuff" that way and rarely connect to wifi unless really necessary.
I have pretty much "unlimited" data available via my carrier so, that is not a concern for me.

I believe wireless connections (cellular) tend to be more secure than most wifi networks. In my experience, a regular celluar connection is faster than most wifi networks (especially Amtrak's!).
I do most of my "stuff" that way and rarely connect to wifi unless really necessary.
I have pretty much "unlimited" data available via my carrier so, that is not a concern for me.
Yeah, you don't really know how secure a wifi network is outside your own or your employer's.

I do the same thing. I'll go ahead and use a public wifi to surf the net as long as it's fast enough (that pretty much lets Amtrak out), but if need to do something financial, I'll shut off my wifi and use my cellular connection.

Have you downloaded the FNBO app? I just had to use the search feature recently as I am planning two cruises and putting all the expenses on this card in order to get 2x points.
Nope. I resent the fact that these guys can't just run stuff via their website and call it a day. Most apps are, IMO, a solution in search of a problem.

All of a sudden my fnbo card is getting declined everywhere. The last time it worked was yesterday when I bought a UPS shipping label through a reseller. A message came up asking me verify the transaction with some code sent to my email. I did that and the transaction went through. But now it is getting declined everywhere.

I logged into my online account and everything looks normal. Do I need to call to get it unlocked or perhaps just wait another day. I have other cards I can use so nothing urgent. Just annoying and irritating :-( . Why tiny banks try to copy complex IT systems is beyond me..

I've noticed that when I attempt to pay for something significant, it often asks for a code via a text message. One particular case, I attempted to pay for a service, and the card processing page would always say, didn't work, try again later. I finally called the outfit, and had them do it while I was on the phone. It prompted them for a code, which I was able to supply to them verbally. There seem to be some processors that don't know how to deal with this, and cases where you don't know why.

Do I need to call to get it unlocked or perhaps just wait another day.
Yes, call FNBO! Why not? Probably better info than from an online forum.
Why tiny banks try to copy complex IT systems is beyond me..
From Wikipedia: "First National Bank Omaha is a bank headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska. The namesake and leading subsidiary of First National of Nebraska, it is the third largest privately held bank subsidiary in the United States with $17 billion in assets and 4320 employees."

All of a sudden my fnbo card is getting declined everywhere. The last time it worked was yesterday when I bought a UPS shipping label through a reseller. A message came up asking me verify the transaction with some code sent to my email. I did that and the transaction went through. But now it is getting declined everywhere.

I logged into my online account and everything looks normal. Do I need to call to get it unlocked or perhaps just wait another day. I have other cards I can use so nothing urgent. Just annoying and irritating :-( . Why tiny banks try to copy complex IT systems is beyond me..
Try calling. My experience with the security/fraud department at FNBO is they are very competent and very willing to work through issues, more so than BOA was. They are much less on "script" and willing to work an issue with you in real time.

As @TinCan782 says, they really are not small potatoes. They are also about the largest issuer of "affinity cards" in the US these days. Most of the big boys are getting out of the affinity card game for second tier clients (which Amtrak is, whether we like it or not). The big boys just want to have really big players' affinity cards, like the United Airlines and Marriott's of the world. It really wasn't Amtrak's choice to leave BOA, BOA booted them since they wanted out of most of their affinity cards. The big boys only really want their own rewards cards, because they don't have to buy somebody else's points every month, they can hold onto the money until the cardmember redeems something.

Are there any downsides to having/using the new FNBO Amtrak Guest Rewards Card?

I am new to Amtrak Travel and to Amtrak Rewards Card. What, if any, are the downsides to using my FNBO Amtrak Guest Rewards Card? Thanks in advance for helping this newbie.

Are there any downsides to having/using the new FNBO Amtrak Guest Rewards Card?

I am new to Amtrak Travel and to Amtrak Rewards Card. What, if any, are the downsides to using my FNBO Amtrak Guest Rewards Card? Thanks in advance for helping this newbie.
No Downsides, only the Benefits explained in the Offering for the 2 types of Cards.

No Downsides, only the Benefits explained in the Offering for the 2 types of Cards.
The website is really annoying. If you make a payment, it takes a day or 2 to post, rather than immediately as was the case with BofA. But the points post promptly and seamlessly. And there is not a limit on TQPs related to credit card spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back