AGR Credit Card change (October 2022)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I logged into BOA last night and discovered my credit accounts gone. So I finally called the FNBO Activate your card number. I typed the card number wrong and after several timeouts, it transferred me to a person that said she couldn't do anything until the transfer was complete. I hung up and activated the cards with more accurate entry. My go-to for removing label glue is paint thinner. That got it off and I used some iso alcohol to clean the residue. This afternoon I "Enrolled" an account on their website, and was able to get both cards setup. All transactions and statements were there. I scheduled a payment for one card, now having to tell FNBO my BOA checking account. I also looked at the statements to figure whom to change auto-payments with (Comcast, AT&T, etc) I guess the next quest is to update Quicken.

I paid one of my BoA cards on Friday and it's not showing, yet. I'm going to give it a few days (and see if it shows up on my checking account). It's not due till the 12th, so I have time.
I tried to make a payment Friday, forgetting about the cutoff and got an email from BofA that the payment was sent as a check, which leads me to believe that it’s being sent to FNBO.

Interesting looking at my FNBO statement now...a bunch of zero or zeroed-out charges for accounts I updated card info.
Just ensuring that the account is active.

I paid off balance on BofA weeks ago and activated only one of my new cards today. Changed all my auto pays online to the new FNBO. Whole process has been smooth for me. FNBO is quite clear that it takes one billing cycle for auto payments so Ill wait to be notified who hasnt gotten paid and do a one time payment online or phone.

As I think others have noticed, in Apple Pay it is just showing as a generic FNBO world mastercard. I assume they’ll update the design at some point.9544BB34-ED42-4901-A9AA-8E373F8F4D23.jpeg

I'm glad others have had luck speaking to an agent easily. The telephone tree does not include "speak to an agent" so I had to choose one option I thought wouldn't be automated. I did get an agent at that point who was polite and answered my question. But most cards have an option to speak to an agent without going through the additional hoop.
My default is to press 0. Works with some companies call centers, not with others.

I cancelled my Bank of America card in September but for some reason I was still sent a new card last week from FNBO. What is the easiest way to cancel this card ? Don't want to activate it or anything..

I'm glad others have had luck speaking to an agent easily. The telephone tree does not include "speak to an agent" so I had to choose one option I thought wouldn't be automated. I did get an agent at that point who was polite and answered my question. But most cards have an option to speak to an agent without going through the additional hoop.
I've found this to be less and less true, at least with the non-high-end cards. I called BoA today, said "agent," was told I still had to do the phone tree so I wouldn't have to be transferred to different agents, and so went through the tree (using the correct prompts, not just whatever might bypass it quickest) just to be transferred to three different agents anyways!

Sounds like FNBO is much better in that regard.

Was able to enroll in the new bank's web access site. All my old charges and statements are there and my due date is the same as it was at BoA.
Same here except the balance due was several $100's too high. Looking at the transactions, I saw that ones from my wifes BoA AGR card were mixed in with mine.

My first thought was to try to set up and log on to my wife's FNBO account to see what hers showed. But I got that new style error message that has become fashionable recently: I'm sorry but we can't perform that task now, please call ...

So I called and, by the way, selected the option dealing with website issues. The rep was no help. About all she could suggest was that I was actually looking at my wife's account. NO WAY. When she realized she could not help, she suggested transferring me to the department that could, but admitted that it would be a long wait given all the teething problems they were experiencing.

So I decided to fight the battle another day.

I don’t think there’s a problem with the transition. The “problems” are user errors - aka, people not paying attention to all the info we’ve been given over the past month or so. As for your 02:40 CDT, are you thinking the transition occurred at midnight CDT? It’s to occur at noon CST today.
It already happened. My card is active. The noon time activation time I think was a mistake made by someone who didn't know 10/24 starts at 12 AM not PM. I just used it. No problems.

Last edited:
It already happened. My card is active. The noon time activation time I think was a mistake made by someone who didn't know 10/24 starts at 12 AM not PM. I just used it. No problems.
The activation was done at noon CT yesterday (10/23.) Everything started working for me around that time. Even used my card yesterday afternoon.

The cards were available to use as of 10/23/22 at noon central time. It is clearly stated on all of the documentation.

Already getting an error message on the FNBO website:

Service Unavailable
Mobile phone number management is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

Setting up text alerts for spending has saved me from fraudulent attempts to use my credit cards, sadly, on multiple occasions. I guess I'll "try again later". Not impressed with the website - at all - so far.

Thanks for the link! I will probably try signing up for the no-annual-fee version during the lunch hour. (I should have my AGR login info saved at home, but don't here at work.)
I think if you just have your AGR number handy you wont need to log in to your AGR account. The link I provided is available without logging in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back