AGR Credit Card change (October 2022)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I use an "old" Macbook Air and have not issues. Ok, I use Google Chrome, not Safari, so that's probably why.

Exactly, the older Mac Book, and Mac mini that I use can not be upgraded to Chrome, and thus use Safari, which again no other company has issues with.

Ken
My macbook air is c.2017 and I've accessed it no problem. Guess the tipping point is sometimes prior.

That explains why I can access the site on my iPhone 13 mini but not my 2015 MacBook 😉
FNBO also told me that its online banking system does not work with a Chromebook. Which is what I have. So the only way for me to get into my account online is to use the Android app on my cellphone. I don't find that a very secure option.

I have had no problem with the FNBO site using a MAC (Safari), PC, or Chromebook. Granted the devices, I’ve used are all current production, less than a year old.

Reactions: jis
I have had no problem with the FNBO site using a MAC (Safari), PC, or Chromebook. Granted the devices, I’ve used are all current production, less than a year old.
I have not had any problem with the FNBO web site (both versions) using the devices (Win 11, iPhone, iPad) and Apps (FNBO, Safari, Firefox, Chrome) albeit all of them are kept completely upto date as far as software version goes, in order to minimize security holes.

I can sign on with Safari (Mac OSX 10.13.6) but then am unable to do anything on their site. I expect it works with a later version. It does work fine with Firefox, however, so that's what I use for FNBO.

That's a 5 year old OS that hasn't seen a security update in over 2 years. Time to upgrade.
Heaven know how many free riders are running on it helping mount denial of service attacks and such. Time to upgrade to block those holes at least, and access to FNBO will improve as a side benefit. :D

Add me to the list of folks who have no trouble accessing the site, logging in, doing stuff, etc., on Mac (Mac OS 13.0 Ventura, Safari v16.1).

FNBO also told me that its online banking system does not work with a Chromebook. Which is what I have. So the only way for me to get into my account online is to use the Android app on my cellphone. I don't find that a very secure option.
What is it that you regard as insecure? Is it the cellphone, the FNBO app, Android OS or what?

For me the switchover has gone without a glitch. So far. I'm about to get a "refund to original form of payment" for a purchase made with my Bank of America card, so I'll be curious to see if it posts smoothly. If it doesn't? Eh, I'm sure I'll be notified by the vendor, or something. Not sweating it.

For me the switchover has gone without a glitch. So far. I'm about to get a "refund to original form of payment" for a purchase made with my Bank of America card, so I'll be curious to see if it posts smoothly. If it doesn't? Eh, I'm sure I'll be notified by the vendor, or something. Not sweating it.
I had to deal with that with a Costco.com refund and it went through without a hitch.

Any speculation on how "churnable" this card may be? Hoping I can cancel/reapply once every 12-15 months like the old BA card?

Any speculation on how "churnable" this card may be? Hoping I can cancel/reapply once every 12-15 months like the old BA card?

I have no idea with FNBO. They don’t get the attention of the points and miles world like say Chase, Amex, and Citi does.

I was thinking about the churnability the other day. I’ve decided to leave well enough alone for at least a couple of years. I’ll let others be the guinea pig. AKA……….learn from the success or mistakes of others.

What would be the point in that?
I have both (from the BoA days). I use one for everyday expenses and the other for unusual expenses like car maintenance. I pay off the everyday expenses card each month. The other gives me the opportunity of paying partial over a month or more, but I usually pay it off, too, each month.

I see from an email received today that Amtrak is promoting "AutoPay for your FNBO credit card.
The link takes you to the FNBO sign-in page.
EDIT, added: Looking close at the sender of the email, it is FNBO, not Amtrak!

This was my experience as well. FNBO posted the points on time. I thought it looked a bit short at first, but then realized BOA had been posting points on a daily basis before the transition. The posting of points by FNBO was the last wait-and-see-what-happens item in the BOA-FNBO transfer. All seems to be well, and for me, it looks like it was a seamless and trouble-free transfer.
I Had to arm wrestle with FNBO to get them to delete interest and late fees Which resulted after the transition.

I see from an email received today that Amtrak is promoting "AutoPay for your FNBO credit card.
The link takes you to the FNBO sign-in page.
EDIT, added: Looking close at the sender of the email, it is FNBO, not Amtrak!
They've really been pushing auto pay and eliminate options. Since they will not accept ACH direct transfer from my bank I'm experimenting with my bank mailing them a check. Seems like a primitive option in order to force auto pay. I will not do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back