AGR Mastercard

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chertling

Lead Service Attendant
I am considering opening an AGR Mastercard and was curious, do balance transfers earn points? I can't seem to find anything in the Terms and Conditions on the card application website that addresses this. Does anyone on the board have experience with AGR Mastercard and balance transfers?

I am considering opening an AGR Mastercard and was curious, do balance transfers earn points? I can't seem to find anything in the Terms and Conditions on the card application website that addresses this. Does anyone on the board have experience with AGR Mastercard and balance transfers?
Nevermind.... I took a much closer look at the VERY fine print.... Balance Transfers don't earn points.

You are not going to get miles/points on any card for balance transfers. If they did give you points you could just circulate balances back and forth between two cards and get all kinds of free stuff.

Buying dollar coins from the US Mint is about as close as you can get to balance transfers with rewards

As stated, balance transfers never earn points or miles! Even if you have an AMERICAN EXPRESS credit card, they specifically exclude the purchase of AMERICAN EXPRESS travelers checks from earning miles/points! :blink:

Back