AGR membership for spouse (online or by phone)? After 2hr 39min wait.....I need AGR help and can't wait all day....

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pal2Pluto

Train Attendant
(I first posted this with a title of "Hung up after 2 hr 39 minute hold to AGR", but the mods changed it????)
So....... I booked a roomette for our trip next summer for one of the legs of the trip. I was planning to buy the multiuse pass (10 legs in 30 days) for the rest of the trip. So when I bought the roomette, I did not create an account. After seeing that one of the legs of our trip was selling quicker than expected, (and crunching numbers to see it was comparably priced), I opened an account and purchased all legs of the trip.

In downloading the App, the legs I purchased in my account show, but not the roomette. So I called AGR. I was warned of a wait in excess of 30 minutes. After 59 minutes Alfred picked up and helped me get the roomette connected to my account. Awesome. But he also noted that my husband is not a member, and it would be great to get the benefits of membership for him. Ok....so he transferred me to another AGR person, assuring me that my wait would not be near as long as for him.

While I was waiting, I looked online to see if there was any way I could get my husband a member account. I haven't found it yet. And after waiting for the second AGR person for another 1hr 30 minutes.......I hung up. I just can't.....

I'm sure there is an easy fix to get him as a member.......can anyone here help me? I really don't want to waste any more time listening to muzak.

Last edited:
Your husband can just sign up by himself. Online.

If you're both travelling, getting his AGR number attacked to the ticket you've already bought is another phone call. (Or you can do it at a manned ticket counter, I think.)

But he can just sign up for an AGR account on the website.

Thanks all for your replys....... I expected Alfred would have told me I could do it online if that was the case. I stayed on hold so long because I was Christmas decorating and it was not much of a problem. I just got frustrated after it took so long. Thanks for your understanding.....

Back