AGR newbie here.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cina

Lead Service Attendant
Yet another question-I'm like that kids in class who just keeps raising their hand :p

I'm booked on this trip next month, and I've been an AGR member since my last trip. This year I'm taking my mother, who isn't an AGR member. However, I thought I remembered reading some advice about inviting someone to join AGR and they would also earn points, as long as she became a member before the trip? Or something? Any advice on how to capitalize on the points by exploiting...I mean utilizing my mother's lack of AGR membership?

Does your mom have an email account? If so, refer her, from your account, and when she/you use the link in the email she gets to sign up, you'll both get bonus points when she takes her 1st trip within 90 days of signing up.

If she's listed second on the Rez, I'm assuming you're sharing a room, she'll get points for just the rail fare. You'll get points for the rail fare & room.

Aha! I knew there was something to do with 90 days. Yes she's listed on the reservation, I'll refer her next time I'm at her place. Thanks! :)

Back