AGR service

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love Amtrak and their guest rewards program except for the poor customer response to requests for unposed points. We purchased Direct TV thru their web site one year ago.We never received the points and I have contacted them over three times during the year and have provided them with the invoice, dates, etc. after almost a full year they called and said that they could not find any record of us going thru their web site.After I asked to speak to a supervisor they said they would call back the next day. They never called back. Why would they take a year to respond in the first place?

I love Amtrak and their guest rewards program except for the poor customer response to requests for unposed points. We purchased Direct TV thru their web site one year ago.We never received the points and I have contacted them over three times during the year and have provided them with the invoice, dates, etc. after almost a full year they called and said that they could not find any record of us going thru their web site.After I asked to speak to a supervisor they said they would call back the next day. They never called back. Why would they take a year to respond in the first place?
This seems to be standard operating procedure for AGR. I've used several of their "shopping" links to get points, and only once did points post without me having to email several times and/or call them to get them to actually post the points.

I think it depends on the vendor itself. I buy a lot of things from Dick's Sporting Goods and from JC Penneys and those points usually post very quickly: sometimes in a few days. Some other vendors are very slow in providing points. Have waited for months before they show up.

I agree it is with the vendor. When Staples was a vendor at AGR, it took forever (or longer) to get points from them. AGR finally dropped them as a partner.

Recently I bought some computer ink from Staples thru Delta Air lines. (I'm saving to send my sister and BIL to Europe!) I bought the ink on April 2 and it posted to DL on April 5 - 3 days later!
smile.gif

I don't know if Staples got better, or if they like DL more than AGR. But I am still waiting on about 2,000 points from magazines.com thru AGR!
mad.gif

Back