AGR Status Multipliers and Missing TQPs

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enviro5609

Train Attendant
There appears to be an issue with the crediting of TQPs to my account when it comes to the tier bonuses. I've already raised this with Amtrak, and they are reportedly "looking into it," with a write-up going to operations. But I wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing the same issue.

I've been Select Executive the last couple of years, and I've always gotten the SE 2x bonus for both points and TQPs. See below:

2x agr se.jpg

But suddenly, on my last few trips, the Executive multiplier is not awarding TQPs:

2x agr se - missing.jpg

I only noticed this because I like to check and make sure my points are posting properly-- I've had a few trips go missing.

Anyone else with a status multiplier having this issue as well? Is this an IT bug, or has the policy changed?

I had a number of similar issues earlier this year with missing multipliers. Further, upgrades with vouchers from Business to First on Acela incorrectly wipe out the original Business 25%. According to FlyerTalk, one can just call in to fix but I have not worked up the motivation to do so just yet on my own :p

As of my most recent 6/16 trip, everything was OK...$100 ticket = 200 points + 200 TQPs...plus 200/200 for Select Exec multiplier. Even the 25% BC bonus got TQPs. Perhaps they've decided to change the rules sometime after my trip and before your 6/28 trip.

However...I have been encountering the lack of the 1000 TQPs for $5000 spent on the credit card for over a year. I've spent substantially more than $5000 this year on the CC and still waiting for the 1000 TQPs. I figure I'll wait another month or so before I raise a stink via email. But then, the seeing results from emails I've sent them through the years is 1 out of 12-15 emails. So I'm not holding my breath.

But then, I had a 'Mystery' 838 TQPs 'carry over' from 2021. I'm thinking their entire AGR system is more manually updated than automatically, especially in terms of TQPs.

As of my most recent 6/16 trip, everything was OK...$100 ticket = 200 points + 200 TQPs...plus 200/200 for Select Exec multiplier. Even the 25% BC bonus got TQPs. Perhaps they've decided to change the rules sometime after my trip and before your 6/28 trip.

However...I have been encountering the lack of the 1000 TQPs for $5000 spent on the credit card for over a year. I've spent substantially more than $5000 this year on the CC and still waiting for the 1000 TQPs. I figure I'll wait another month or so before I raise a stink via email. But then, the seeing results from emails I've sent them through the years is 1 out of 12-15 emails. So I'm not holding my breath.

But then, I had a 'Mystery' 838 TQPs 'carry over' from 2021. I'm thinking their entire AGR system is more manually updated than automatically, especially in terms of TQPs.

I noticed this issue a year ago and contacted them and they generated a ticket and months later a mystery 1,000 points showed up. I honestly wonder if the whole system is messed up and they haven't been applying as they should have.

I think they gave me an entry-less 1000 TQPs last year 'out of the blue' as well. Perhaps I'll have to write them sooner rather than later.

I have the same thing. Since mid-June, "Tier Multiplier for Plus members" has switched from tier-qualifying to non-tier-qualifying, putting S+ and SE further away for me. Maybe a policy change?

Maybe a policy change?
I'm thinking it's either a computer screwup or the person that did the postings, mostly manually, left the company and the new hire is 'lost' trying to keep up with it.

But wait! sometime in the not too distant future, expect Amtrak to contract out the IT work to save money. Then watch out for "skwewy things" to happen.

Depends on who they contract what part of the system to, and how they slice and dice the business logic and data management between in house and contractor. There are many right ways of doing that and an even greater number of wrong ways of doing that. :D

Back