Airlines being upended

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good article. Glad to hear that the "zero-tolerance" policy for unruly behavior is having the desired effect of diminishing it. I think that besides an airline permanently banning unruly passenger's for life, the TSA should put them on the "no fly list", also for life, so that they can't fly on any airline. That should make people think twice before "acting out"....

I had figured this was bound to happen. Between high prices, travel industry labor shortages, and this kind of bad behavior, I'm glad that I had already determined that I would do short camping trips mid-week within my own state for my vacations this summer. Lake Quemado and Eagle Nest Lake, here I come!
Yes, good idea! I received a painful series of text msgs from a friend stranded for two days by a major airline. A mechanical triggered a canceled flight and then the process of finding seats to redistribute a sold-out plane's load took a longggg time.

Yes, good idea! I received a painful series of text msgs from a friend stranded for two days by a major airline. A mechanical triggered a canceled flight and then the process of finding seats to redistribute a sold-out plane's load took a longggg time.
I was in a cascade of events that started with a mechanical at Newark on an itinerary to Delhi India, flying through London on what was then UA 2 round the world flight, finally got me delayed close to 24 hours and the rerouting went via Hong Kong and the last leg on UA 1 instead. I have never had anything to beat that one yet.

Many years before that in 1978 or thereabouts I had an Air India reservation goofup that got me onto Pan Am going from Delhi via Hong Kong and Tokyo to JFK instead of Air India via London to JFK. That is the time I got to fly on Pan Am's 747SP on the Tokyo - JFK leg.

Back